The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Well, If you've ever been listed on any rosters, you'd know that an observation is as accurate as any "official" listing on a team website, probably more so.

official listings are always inflated, everyone knows that, but it's still closer than some reporter eyeballing it, especially the weight, which is usually not fudged.

Edited by avelanch

official listings are always inflated, everyone knows that, but it's still closer than some reporter eyeballing it, especially the weight, which is usually not fudged.

I guess it depends on the reporter...Rodin would look 6'3 to Scott Morrison and 5'9 to Elliotte Friedman.

Anyway, this debate has been beaten to a pulp.

The fact remains that he has grown since the draft, and is probably still growing. If size was the only real reason he dropped so low, then we have 2 steals in one draft with our top 2 picks.

And Andersson could be another diamond in the rough a la Edler.

neither of those sites are official, just impressions (province) and an unofficial site that has 1 cm difference from the brynas site (and still does not translate to 6' but just under at 5'11.65"). When either brynas, CDC or NHL.com update their size for him, then it will be official, until then it's just conjecture.

but i agree, it's how you play, not what you are.

The Vancouver Canucks have signed Anton Rodin to a three-year contract, which was probably to be expected given the June 1 deadline that all teams seem to be responding to with this spate of signings. The good news is the Swedish prospect upon whom the team is so high continues to grow.

Rodin is now over six feet tall after reporting to the club's prospect camp last summer needing elevator shoes to reach his listed 5-foot-11. He looks like he might eventually be able to play at 190 pounds or more once he fills out.

The speedy forward had a good second half and decent playoff with his Swedish Elite League team, Brynas IF. Rodin was outstanding at the Canucks prospect camp last year, and at times for Sweden at times in the world junior tournament. Much of this past season did not work out for him, as he struggled for ice time before being sent down at the start of the Swedish season.

There's no word on where the team expects him to play next year, but perhaps a full year in the Elite League would do him as much good as playing in Manitoba. There's no doubt the Canucks would prefer he choose North America. Given he's not yet 20 years old, however, there is likely no wrong choice.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Canucks+sign+prospect+Rodin+three+year+contract/3099407/story.html#ixzz0x2Arg8Cs

I don't think they would just write that without hearing from Gradin or someone close to Rodin.

Weight is inaccurate, but height generally is in the reported region. The problem with weight, and an article on CDC pointed it out when talking about a player (Raymond?) is that it can go +/- 5lbs depending on time of day and what has been done recently.

Weight is inaccurate, but height generally is in the reported region. The problem with weight, and an article on CDC pointed it out when talking about a player (Raymond?) is that it can go +/- 5lbs depending on time of day and what has been done recently.

i can go down 5 pounds after a good dump, never mind over the course of a day. And height is always inflated. some times I meet players in person and think to myself "no way is he such and such tall... they must have measured him on skates."

they should win that one since forsberg and naslund are no longer playing (did they have anyone decent after those 2?)

Well, they had Zuccarello-Aasen who had most points in SEL.. ;) but it will probably be a tight game, since Brynas has lost Markstrom..

Brynas lost 4-3 efter shootout. Rodin just got one assist in the boxscore but he had 2 assists. He assisted to the 3-2 goal and to Jarnkrok's 3-3 goal with 8 seconds left. The last assist was a good pass through the zone to Jarnkrok who scored on a one timer.He has now 10 points, 5 goals and 5 assists in 5 games. He has scored most points in Brynas this pre season :)

Edited by johanlake

Rodin had 2 assists today, including an assist with 8 seconds left that tied the game. :D

Brynas ended up losing in the shootout and Rodin didn't even get to shoot. :( I guarantee he would have done better than the first two guys attempts, they were pretty weak.