The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie D needs to pipe down.

Shirotashi

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Every single coach has players that a whole lot of people don't understand their use of - think they're simply irrational pet projects.

AV had his Aaron Rome.  Or Alex Bolduc.  Or a few other guys that fans might have replaced before he did.

Tortorella had his Tom Sestito, who for some reason Torts thought belonged on a pp unit - or Santorelli, who was very good here, but you'd think the 10 goal guy was a perennial top line forward the way Tortorella utilized him.

WD had Vey, and now Megna.  However, it's often simply about the guy that is willing to work - or has a certain stop-gap utility.  The guy that takes directions, responds to coaching, is coachable - or can be trusted over 200 ft.    Megna is not a top 6 - he was probably at best the 15th forward coming into the season, but he works hard and he has certain attributes that make him versatile and complementary in different roles, so he's been a go-to stop gap.  You can blame any coach for seeing something in a player/s that others may not - but overall, Desjardins decisions are nowhere near as difficult to understand as the obsessive 'watchers' make them out to be.  Much ado about micro-matters.

You could be considered an obsessive watcher yourself,  your using players and situations which are not relevant to defend him.

I think the majority here are critical of Desjardins record, his deployment of players,  utilization of prospects, and rational/ reasoning in his interviews for the past 3 of 4 seasons.

Not camparing him to anyone here...  the shoe fits.

52 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Just imagine being in Willie's position for a minute. Here he is an expert in his field with literally decades of experience at every level and he has to stand and be questioned about his work on camera by know nothings every day. People who are quite literally not qualified to do their own jobs, many of whom who have spent the past year or two trying to create public opinion and pressure to have you fired from your job, the dream job you waited for until late in your career even though you have exceeded all reasonable expectations.  And then dealing with it over and over again day after day and not once losing your $&!#. I can't begin to contemplate that kind of frustration.

It's part of his job to be questioned about his work..  quick some one send the memo.

There are bad cops, terrible engineers, poor doctors, lousy mechanics, ...  we have a crappy Coach...  who can say he made it, and a million bucks a year in the BiGs .

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It's part of his job to be questioned about his work..  quick some one send the memo.

There are bad cops, terrible engineers, poor doctors, lousy mechanics, ...  we have a crappy Coach...  who can say he made it, and a million bucks a year in the BiGs .

No one is saying that it doesn't come with the job, just that it sucks and the critics in this market don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.and it must be frustrating to deal with.

Anyway I see that you're already looking forward to finishing 29th under Michel Therrien next year. You enjoy that now, you hear.

3 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

No one is saying that it doesn't come with the job, just that it sucks and the critics in this market don't know their ass from a whole in the ground.and it must be frustrating to deal with.

Anyway I see that you're already looking forward to finishing 29th under Michel Therrien next year. You enjoy that now, you hear.

Therrien !! Lol... you've dug so deep you've hit a cough'in ;) 

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You could be considered an obsessive watcher yourself,  your using players and situations which are not relevant to defend him.

I think the majority here are critical of Desjardins record, his deployment of players,  utilization of prospects, and rational/ reasoning in his interviews for the past 3 of 4 seasons.

Not camparing him to anyone here...  the shoe fits.

Huh? Critical of his record? Are people here really that delusional? This team was universally picked to finish 30th in the league this year by pundits across the circuit. In fact that the Canucks were a sure thing for 30th was the one thing everyone could seemingly agree on. The Canucks have overachieved this year, and that fact is widely recognized and accepted around the league.

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Here's some homework, it will help you catch up. 

You know Sam, Willie D is likely to be fired after the season. Not for the right reasons mind you, but to sell tickets, to create 'interest', and to keep the media jackals at bay.

And the beauty of it is that we'll all be right back here sharing our impressions of the new coaching regime and pondering the results.

I look forward to checking back in with you then. You know, to see how things have improved

Just now, Salmonberries said:

You know Sam, Willie D is likely to be fired after the season. Not for the right reasons mind you, but to sell tickets, to create 'interest', and to keep the media jackals at bay.

And the beauty of it is that we'll all be right back here sharing our impressions of the new coaching regime and pondering the results.

I look forward to checking back in with you then. You know, to see how things have improved

Sb,   I have enjoyed our conversation and shared humour..  I too look forward to future conversations with you.

.. off topic a bit, but,   Really wish this Utica team was in Vancouver,.  We might be stacking them up with AHL eligible players at season end..  that would be worth going to and spilling a beer to watch :) 

34 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Huh? Critical of his record? Are people here really that delusional? This team was universally picked to finish 30th in the league this year by pundits across the circuit. In fact that the Canucks were a sure thing for 30th was the one thing everyone could seemingly agree on. The Canucks have overachieved this year, and that fact is widely recognized and accepted around the league.

I understand what you're saying but I'm not sure 27th instead of 30th can ever really be considered over-achieving. 

Just now, StealthNuck said:

I understand what you're saying but I'm not sure 27th instead of 30th can ever really be considered over-achieving. 

But it to be a devastating, humiliating 30th place effort of the sort Colorado put together according to most if you remember. And we were in the playoff hunt until quite recently. I think you can safely consider us an overachieving group. We're in virtually every game and folks thought we were cannon fodder.

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Sb,   I have enjoyed our conversation and shared humour..  I too look forward to future conversations with you.

.. off topic a bit, but,   Really wish this Utica team was in Vancouver,.  We might be stacking them up with AHL eligible players at season end..  that would be worth going to and spilling a beer to watch :) 

Yeah, I too have enjoyed our chat Sam. You know I'll be back pecking away here next year no matter what. i'm a die hard.

I would love to watch more of the comets though, they're a gritty bunch in a hard rock town. Easy to like that team.

48 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Universally picked?  You mean two eastern biased media blog sites?.  Every actual hockey resource said Canucks should be in the fighting for the wild card spot.  

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Universally picked?  You mean two eastern biased media blog sites?.  Every actual hockey resource said Canucks should be in the fighting for the wild card spot.  

Sources? I'm just curious; I honestly don't recall it going down that way man.

Archived