(Proposal) for a legitimate top 9

to van:

jonathan drouin

ryan callahan

2017 first round pick

to tampa:

chris tanev

sven baertschi

why: I'll keep it simple. I believe Drouin is an upgrade over sven, can contribute more on the PP, is 2 years younger, brings to the table an x-factor and create something out of nothing which is what we are starving for. Tampa needs another top 4 dman to keep pucks out of their net and chris tanev is among the best at that and is in the age range to help Tampa be competitive for awhile. I believe Sven belongs in the top 9 but would thrive playing with bonafide top liners so they are compensating for the loss in drouin, and essentially sending us a mid 1st rounder for tan, and we take on the bad cap hit. I believe this sets up a legitimate top 9 (hoping virtanen is a big physical energy guy who takes pucks to the net and we get a top five pick next year) for us for some years to come, Especially after the sedins are gone. 

2018 top 9

drouin-np/nico-goldy

loui-bo-boes

granlund-sutter/dahlen-virtanen

If these players can pan out, spend some years under some vets, and the d corps do the same I feel like these group could be dangerous in a few short years..2020 possibly

Drouin AND a mid 1st for Tanev and Bear Cheese, and the only catch is that we have to absorb Callahan as well?

So I'm assuming part of your plan involves Benning sneaking into TB headquarters, bashing Stevie Y over the head with a hammer and giving him brain damage before coming to him with this deal, right?

23 hours ago, Coldhardsteel said:

to van:

jonathan drouin

ryan callahan

2017 first round pick

to tampa:

chris tanev

sven baertschi

This cant be a serious trade?

what makes this trade so good.

When you where putting it together

Thinking this trade is not good enough for the canucks so you add in tampas first round pick also

lol

Archived