The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Case Against Travis Green

AK_19

16 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

It's really simple for me. You've got a great skating defense which is only going to get faster with OJ coming before too long and hopefully getting rid of Sbisa. The forward speed has already improved and is going to get a lot better. This team needs to start transitioning to an up-tempo attacking style of play. Think Jon Cooper and Tampa Bay.

That is not Travis Green. I don't know how I feel about it but the crow might be a good fit.

Why isn't it Travis Green?  Portland was known for being a high octane offensive team.

19 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

And utica was not. 

Travis Green was given what system to run in Utica by the Canucks. The Canucks wanted their farm team to play the same system, so that when players needed to be called up they could step in without having to drastically change systems..

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Since joining utica travis has led utica to a bottom 24 offense 3 times...

Wow.... Not sure who would be a good fit for Canucks, but for he people who wanted rid of WD due to lack of offence, those are not good stats...

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Wow.... Not sure who would be a good fit for Canucks, but for he people who wanted rid of WD due to lack of offence, those are not good stats...

Im sure it has something to do with the players they're given but they have to take some blame as well.

Just now, spook007 said:

Sure, just like WD had to. You gotta play the hand you're dealt...

All in all if green coaches the Canucks next year I expect similar results to WD.  Even questionable ice time distribution as many utica fans have claimed he shelters rookies to much. 

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If you've looked at Utica's teams, just like Vancouvers teams these last few years, you aren't going to have high scoring teams, it's just not possible.

People wanted rid of WD due to his personelle decisions, most people understood that this team didn't have what it took to be scoring 4 goals a game and be competitive. Both Green and WD coached to win with what they had, and Green got told what system he had to run since WD took over the head coaching gig of the Canucks.

Im not saying Green is the best choice or that I want him, but he has proven he can coach young kids and he can coach a fast paced, high scoring team if he has the pieces available to him that complement that style of game.

Just now, 73 Percent said:

All in all if green coaches the Canucks next year I expect similar results to WD.  Even questionable ice time distribution as many utica fans have claimed he shelters rookies to much. 

Agree, its what it sounds like...

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

If you've looked at Utica's teams, just like Vancouvers teams these last few years, you aren't going to have high scoring teams, it's just not possible.

People wanted rid of WD due to his personelle decisions, most people understood that this team didn't have what it took to be scoring 4 goals a game and be competitive. Both Green and WD coached to win with what they had, and Green got told what system he had to run since WD took over the head coaching gig of the Canucks.

Im not saying Green is the best choice or that I want him, but he has proven he can coach young kids and he can coach a fast paced, high scoring team if he has the pieces available to him that complement that style of game.

Yip they didn't have the best of team neither.

I must admit I was a supporter of WD, despite all the criticism aimed at him. I don't think there will be any difference, what so ever between Green and WD, except we may stay a bottom feeder another year or two. 

I am sure that with a healthy team we would have been competing with the likes of Calgary for a playoff spot. WE might not have been getting to play playoff hockey, but any coach wants to win. Just like all the players does.

19 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

24th or worst in scoring 3 times since coaching the Comets says different. 

It actually doesn't say anything about their system. It says a lot about the offensive ability on our farm team though.

You can play a wide open game every night and finish dead last in scoring, if you do t have the talent to put the puck in the net.

16 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

It actually doesn't say anything about their system. It says a lot about the offensive ability on our farm team though.

You can play a wide open game every night and finish dead last in scoring, if you do t have the talent to put the puck in the net.

Oh yeah? What's he going to have next year with the Canucks? Think we're going to become some offensive juggernaut? You already said it yourself that he cant squeeze offence out of what he's given.

48 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Oh yeah? What's he going to have next year with the Canucks? Think we're going to become some offensive juggernaut? You already said it yourself that he cant squeeze offence out of what he's given.

You're not much of a "big picture" guy hey?

Archived