The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Utica Comets Thread

1 minute ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Marlies announcer just said Toronto's won 17 of 18 faceoffs in the offensive zone tonight. Make that 18 of 19 as Aaltonen beats Hamilton there.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Olli Juolevi really could of made a difference in this series.  I'm glad he's at the worlds though that experience will do far more for setting expectations for where he needs to be at.

It was nice to see the Comets make it a competitive series. But the Marlies were too good and probably outplayed the Comets in all 5 games -- despite the two nice Comet wins. But there is a limit to how much Demko can do. As for the face-offs, the biggest weakness for the Comets is a center. Next year's team should rely heavily on prospects, but I would like to see one high-end AHL veteran center on the team. 

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Dahlen has shown glimpses of why he is arguably the most skilled player on our team on the ice tonight.

Dahlen looks good but I don't see him starting the year in Vancouver. He has shown glimpses but long stretches of disappearing as well.  Not a dominant player in the AHL at this point in his career and needs more development in North America.

1 minute ago, UticaHockey said:

Dahlen looks good but I don't see him starting the year in Vancouver. He has shown glimpses but long stretches of disappearing as well.  Not a dominant player in the AHL at this point in his career and needs more development in North America.

Adding a bit more speed and body mass will definitely help. I could see him being an early call up next year if he doesn't crack the roster.

anything can happen in the off season though

Archived