The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Stars re-sign Esa Lindell

17 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Interesting to see what Stecher's next contract is. Decently similar players with Stech providing the shot generation, and Lindell providing the goals lol.

59513b8bf1670_Screenshot2017-06-2618_50_22.thumb.png.d58aafcafa7de0257295342181e4e9a6.png

Hmmmm you would think he should be worth more than Troy just based on that. We'll see... I'd be ok with a Troy 3 years x 2 AAV

Expected better offensive numbers considering he paired with Kling, but 6 goals as a rookie is nothing to scoff at. Definitely got better as the season went on. Was also near the top of the team in hits and blocks. Looks like he'll be a steady top 4 guy with some upside. Has a deceptive, accurate wrister from the point.

Similar to Hutton's deal - slightly less than the 2 year, 6 mill Trouba got.

Nice little bridge contract, he could really go either way. Could easily blow it out of the water in the next couple of seasons and cost Dallas big bucks but it'd be a nice problem to have. I was saying we go after Lindell and the 3rd overall with Tanev + 5th but I guess it wouldn't have really mattered if we were targetting Pettersson anyway.

Archived