The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UBC GPA BOOSTERS

4 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Taken it, hated it 

True true, but i want to get into pharmacy (last 30 creds are important) 

I dont know what im gonna enjoy :/. As long as theres no papers it should be ok lol. 

Maybe don't waste your money on school? Take a break, travel, or at least sit back and think about what makes you happy or what you might be passionate about, and then look for a program that resembles that passion. 

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Maybe don't waste your money on school? Take a break, travel, or at least sit back and think about what makes you happy or what you might be passionate about, and then look for a program that resembles that passion. 

Ehh tbh im really sold on the idea of getting into pharmacy. If that doesnt work out, prob something in business. Im also doing a minor in that so we'll see how that goes

On 6/28/2017 at 7:28 PM, brownky said:

C's get degrees. If you're already in, you'll get the same toilet paper as someone who averages 79% so long as you 'graduate'.

Tell that to the grant funding agencies that reject me every year because I didn't have an A+ average. <_<  Moral of the story: don't go to grad school. 

And yeah, it's all already been said: If you don't put in the effort/if you're not interested then you won't do well.

That said, EOSC 112 and 114 were both fairly easy when I took it online (2011-2013)...112 (Rocks and Gems?) was boring as hell and I had to work extra hard to stay motivated. The Natural Disasters one is genuinely interesting.

The majority of the rest of my electives were Classical Studies courses because I had an interested in it. CLST 301 (Medical/Biological terms) is not as easy as it used to be (prof said that the dean threatened to remove the course), but still an A if you care enough - plus if you're going into Pharmacy it might be helpful? It's a lot of memorization.  

One of the other courses I'd recommend is Greek/Roman Mythology (CLST 102 I think). It's really really fun course and the prof (Marshall) was super engaging. 

EDIT: Just saw that you don't want to write papers....CLST 102 is probably not for you then.  I don't recall any papers, but half the final is long answer/essay questions. 

On 28/06/2017 at 4:28 PM, brownky said:

C's get degrees. If you're already in, you'll get the same toilet paper as someone who averages 79% so long as you 'graduate'.

And nobody asks for the transcript. Hell, nobody asked to even see the credential... at any interview. And I went through a lot before I got my foot in the door. I said I had what I had, nobody bothered to check.

It's downright depressing.

Every interview I had they asked for transcripts...

12 hours ago, ckamo said:

Tell that to the grant funding agencies that reject me every year because I didn't have an A+ average. <_<  Moral of the story: don't go to grad school. 

And yeah, it's all already been said: If you don't put in the effort/if you're not interested then you won't do well.

That said, EOSC 112 and 114 were both fairly easy when I took it online (2011-2013)...112 (Rocks and Gems?) was boring as hell and I had to work extra hard to stay motivated. The Natural Disasters one is genuinely interesting.

The majority of the rest of my electives were Classical Studies courses because I had an interested in it. CLST 301 (Medical/Biological terms) is not as easy as it used to be (prof said that the dean threatened to remove the course), but still an A if you care enough - plus if you're going into Pharmacy it might be helpful? It's a lot of memorization.  

One of the other courses I'd recommend is Greek/Roman Mythology (CLST 102 I think). It's really really fun course and the prof (Marshall) was super engaging. 

EDIT: Just saw that you don't want to write papers....CLST 102 is probably not for you then.  I don't recall any papers, but half the final is long answer/essay questions. 

Yea thanks for noticing. I absolutely hate writing papers unless I really have too. 

EOSC 112 i'll most likely take because i'll need it for breadth requirement. EOSC 118 is rock and gems i think. My friend said it was super ez but boring. 

EOSC 114 i hear is no longer as ez as it used to be apparently :(

Archived