The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

Thanks to @oldnews for another set of solid trade negotiations. Always a pleasure to hammer a negotiation out considering we're both cheap bastards.

We wish Mark and Jamie all the best in Winnipeg and expect them to bring home a championship to a city so desperately desiring one.

On the flip side we very much welcome Colin Wilson and highly touted prospect Casey Mittelstadt to our roster! The picks will also certainly help us a few years down the road which is our current time-frame for even thinking about competing.

The Capitals are still willing to take on cap dumps if it comes with some incentive and will continue to listen to any hockey deals people may have in mind. At this point in time however the roster is really starting to shape up the way we hoped it would!

The Jets are expanding our trade winds -

As noted before, considering moving a top 4 blueliner - will also consider moving one of our young NHL defenseman - not much room in the present for a high end guy like Ryan Pulock - physical guy with a heavy shot - inquiries for our young D (not named Klefbom) also welcome.

And teams in need of a backup - Darcy Kuemper is a possibility.

21 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-acquire-goalie-calvin-pickard-vegas-golden-knights/

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/maple-leafs-acquire-pickard-from-vegas/c-291655748

muhahahahahhaha.......MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA     :picard::picard::picard::picard:

so i dealt a 2nd rounder , tokarski and cirelli for nothing lately 

i should have waited some days ...should ...should... SHOULD <_<

my impatience is killing me ...

im off for some days ...serioulsy

I may be missing something here, but in case it makes you feel better, the Leafs acquired Pickard, yes, but only after he'd cleared waivers irl - so he's an AHL asset - and McElhinney is still their NHL backup.  If you'd wanted an active NHL backup, you still needed to acquire McIlhenney - and now you have insurance should he stumble or Pickard take his job (and/or even Anderson's) - you have Pickard to recall as well for 'backup'.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I may be missing something here, but in case it makes you feel better, the Leafs acquired Pickard, yes, but only after he'd cleared waivers irl - so he's an AHL asset - and McElhinney is still their NHL backup.  If you'd wanted an active NHL backup, you still needed to acquire McIlhenney - and now you have insurance should he stumble or Pickard take his job (and/or even Anderson's) - you have Pickard to recall as well for 'backup'.

this was not clear when made this post :P

all is fine :)  ....for now :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

this was not clear when made this post :P

all is fine :)  ....for now :unsure:

yeah - it was.  Pickard had cleared waivers before Toronto acquired him - not that it matters - but....

If they'd claimed him (for "free" on waivers) they'd have had to waive McElhinney to make room for him - instead they traded for him afterwards.

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

yeah - it was.  Pickard had cleared waivers before Toronto acquired him - not that it matters - but....

If they'd claimed him (for "free" on waivers) they'd have had to waive McElhinney to make room for him - instead they traded for him afterwards.

come down bro 

its good  ..i  misunderstood the situation and all the circumstances  . that pickard was waived was enough for me ... lol 

^ Trades inputted.

Bishop injured in game 1. Even though it's not serious, it's nice to know I have Lehtonen to fill in. Good chance he gets some playoff games knowing Bishop's track record.

Pretty bad when my confidence level with him is about the same as with Mason...

21 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

^ Trades inputted.

Bishop injured in game 1. Even though it's not serious, it's nice to know I have Lehtonen to fill in. Good chance he gets some playoff games knowing Bishop's track record.

Pretty bad when my confidence level with him is about the same as with Mason...

i hope he will do better tonight  than in game 1 for my cdcgml team :unsure:

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

@thejazz97

Did you know that Jesper Bratt made the Devils opening lineup? Surprised you hadn't signed him. 

over john quenneville for an example  .... bothers me also in the GML 

i m starting to complain again ..lol    its just the first week of the season :ph34r:

whe re is my scotch???? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

over john quenneville for an example  .... bothers me also in the GML 

i m starting to complain again ..lol    its just the first week of the season :ph34r:

whe re is my scotch???? :lol:

Don't worry Bomba, you'll have a drinking buddy in me - short 2 F, 2 D, and Lundqvist lost to the Avs in the first game :wacko::P 

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

I've been following him closely so yes, but I don't have the roster room to sign him - the trade with Azzy was to get me down to 50.

didn't you get him from CBJ - then trade him - then reacquire him - in true jazzman turnstiles fashion!

Archived