The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

Los Angeles Kings Early Season Presser

Jon Rosen: "Jonathan, how would you describe your team's performance thus far this season?"

Team Leader JQ#32: "Well, it's been a fantastic start to the year and had it not been for injuries to key pieces like Hornqvist, Kesler, Fast, the team should be in the conversation for the division title. About my play in between the pipes though, it's been great. I am really feeling the net again and it's great to be protecting it. I'm willing to do anything and everything for the team to get the team back to where it should be. The team will only be getting better."

JR: "Vladislav, what is it like playing with two stars of the calibre of Stamkos and Kucherov and why have you been clicking from the get go?"

Rising Star Namestnikov: "Well, it's a humble opportunity to get to play with the best of the best and in order to stick with the best, you have to be playing at your best because you know there would be someone waiting in the wings for the opportunity and so far, I've been making the best of it. I look forward to continuing what we have going. Me and Nikita were really clicking when we played in the Worlds together for our home country. I'm glad we've been to carry it over."

JR: "Mathieu, how excited are you for this year and playing on a brand new team?"

Newcomer Mathieu: "I'm really really excited. A fresh hockey season is underway yet again and signing for the Kings is a great great honour. It's awesome to have gotten off to a hot start and I am hoping I can maintain it."

Others like Fowler, Toffoli have gotten off to solid starts with a goal each and Winnik is hitting and clawing his way to a modest 2.25 fpts/gm. We're hoping the rest, like Gagner, Burmy, Dzingel can pick up the slack and Hornqvist returns soon as he is dearly missed in our forward group. For our blue line, we're expecting Martin and Tanev to step it up while we search for improvement. Cheers once more from Los Angeles!

Before your playoff-contending team falls too far behind, or to attain a major asset to a rebuild, the Blackhawks have on the block a star player available for your consideration: Marcus Johansson

Features

top 100 scorer amongst skaters 314 fantasy points (3.8 fpts/g) in 2016/17

• only 26 years old, coming into his prime points-generating years

• value contract at $4.2m a season for the next 3 years

• is eligible to play all 3 forward positions, allows flexibility in setting your fantrax roster

• is playing alongside Calder candidate Hischier within a strong RL NJD's top six 

Cost range

•  singularly or a combination of high picks, waiver-ineligible players and great prospects.

•  Do not have to be signed nor playing in the nhl this season

Other players are available for those in need to fill an injury-riddled roster or a team needing active NHLers; the Blackhawk are looking for the same return as stated for Johansson.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:16 AM, somethingvery said:

Waivers.jpg.143e483824deeb4da3cb148eab33d447.jpg.ef20d03bdbcd4b5c59bf6128d82dedda.jpg

The Montreal Canadiens place Calvin Pickard on waivers.

@Bombastik der Teutone's waived Calvin Pickard has been claimed by @Captain Azzy's Vegas Golden Knights.

Note: this player raised the interest of double-digit GM's, Vegas held the the proverbial ace in his back pocket being at the top of the list.

Just now, somethingvery said:

@Bombastik der Teutone's waived Calvin Pickard has been claimed by @Captain Azzy's Vegas Golden Knights.

Note: this player raised the interest of double-digit GM's, Vegas held the the proverbial ace in his back pocket being at the top of the list.

To make room, Vegas waives Matt Read and places him in the minors.

1 hour ago, Drewismyname said:

Waivers

Islanders place a claim on D Jonathan Ericsson

(If claimed please put Remi in the AHL)

You are on the list. GM's who wish to make claims on waived players are asked to PM somethingvery and the GM with the worst 2016/17 record (up to Oct 31st) of all claimants will 'win' the player 48 hours after a commishioner has posted the waiver notification. 

Sorry dude I guess I should know the procedure lol ;) 

And those better not be sarcastic likes :P. He's gonna be a beast in the playoffs and if I'm not in them I could probably slang him off to some one else this year or next. Might suck if I still have that contract in 2019 when I need to re sign Laine :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Sorry dude I guess I should know the procedure lol ;) 

And those better not be sarcastic likes :P. He's gonna be a beast in the playoffs and if I'm not in them I could probably slang him off to some one else this year or next. Might suck if I still have that contract in 2019 when I need to re sign Laine :ph34r:

Wait. He is going to be a beast in the playoffs for the REDWINGS? 

I actually did a double take, and had to check if he was still on the Wings. Them making a playoff run seems.. somewhat unlikely. 

52 minutes ago, Sygvard said:

Wait. He is going to be a beast in the playoffs for the REDWINGS? 

I actually did a double take, and had to check if he was still on the Wings. Them making a playoff run seems.. somewhat unlikely. 

Hey. Stop with the negetivity bro. Lol. Mantha is an absolute warrior. I wouldn't count them out.

11 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To CGY: 2018 TBL 3rd, Bobby Farnham, Jacob Doty

small.png  To LAK: Jay Bouwmeester (50% retained this year)

Thanks to @Beary Sweet for the awesome negotiations and @Master Mind for the quick processing. This was a trade that we had to make after considering our team's future and cap situation. Very happy to finally be able to close out this deal and we wish the best of luck to Jay with the LAK. With this being said, we are very excited for the team's strong start and future to come. With an insane amount of players to resign this year and the next, we are looking to move OEL and Staal next if the right fair value deal comes at hand. Stay tuned, CGY is coming straight for you all. 

Archived