The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

40 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He also didn't invent "western alienation" which is really Alberta alienation, self-inflicted as it mostly is. 

He didn't invent it but it's strong under him just like it was when his dad was pm.

When was the last time you were in Saskatchewan? Western separation is strong out there these days.

48 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

He didn't invent it but it's strong under him just like it was when his dad was pm.

When was the last time you were in Saskatchewan? Western separation is strong out there these days.

I go to see my folks there regularly.

It was fantasy back in PETs time and even more so now. AB and SK have never done better over the last decade and people want to separate? Smacks of entitled self interest. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I go to see my folks there regularly.

It was fantasy back in PETs time and even more so now. AB and SK have never done better over the last decade and people want to separate? Smacks of entitled self interest. 

Nice to see you give the conservatives the credit they deserve.:P

Jimmy under no circumstances do I support breaking up Canada, I'm just saying there is lots of separation views in Saskatchewan also.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nice to see you give the conservatives the credit they deserve.:P

Jimmy under no circumstances do I support breaking up Canada, I'm just saying there is lots of separation views in Saskatchewan also.

Oh I know there is. But its goofy. 

I didn't know that the conservatives set global oil prices :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Wasn't there a party that was based in part on western alienation??  Can't put my finger on it.   Didn't they have to tune that down and change their name to have a chance at power?  Mmmmmm

Refoooooorm!

I almost miss Manning. For the yuks.

5 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Wasn't there a party that was based in part on western alienation??  Can't put my finger on it.   Didn't they have to tune that down and change their name to have a chance at power?  Mmmmmm

Didn't Harper work on the pro Canada side during the referendum?

The more you know lefty.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Manning was a Nationalist.

He played the alienated west card pretty hard tho. He was an interesting guy, certainly helped to change the power balance in Canada which isn't a bad thing. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

No idea who I'm voting for next election. NDP are rudderless and with JT's far left shift of the Liberals, they are left standing in a bit of a no-man's land. The Cons are a gong show and not remotely votable and the Liberals have pissed me off on far too many occasions and I'm seriously not a fan of a lot of the nonsense they're pedaling and enacting in to law. There's the Greens but all that likely does is lead to a Liberal or Con minority but with no real volume of seats for the Greens thanks to the Liberals re-neg on voting reform.

There seems to be no parties out there for socially left leaning centrists such as myself and it's pretty freaking bleak. Maybe the NDP find an actual leader (Nathan Cullen would be the dream) and shift their focus back to left of centre where the Liberals have largely vacated? 

What a &^@#ing mess...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No idea who I'm voting for next election. NDP are rudderless and with JT's far left shift of the Liberals, they are left standing in a bit of a no-man's land. The Cons are a gong show and not remotely votable and the Liberals have pissed me off on far too many occasions and I'm seriously not a fan of a lot of the nonsense they're pedaling and enacting in to law. There's the Greens but all that likely does is lead to a Liberal or Con minority but with no real volume of seats for the Greens thanks to the Liberals re-neg on voting reform.

There seems to be no parties out there for socially left leaning centrists such as myself and it's pretty freaking bleak. Maybe the NDP find an actual leader (Nathan Cullen would be the dream) and shift their focus back to left of centre where the Liberals have largely vacated? 

What a &^@#ing mess...

The Libs are going to have to shift back to a more centrist platform. I think we'll see signs of that soon.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The Libs are going to have to shift back to a more centrist platform. I think we'll see signs of that soon.

Then they're going to need a new leader.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Then they're going to need a new leader.

He's gone as far left as he can and can promote the things he's done so far, there's really no new ground to the left for him if he doesn't want to lose more support.

I could be wrong but I think the platform will be scaled back and more centre.

38 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He played the alienated west card pretty hard tho. He was an interesting guy, certainly helped to change the power balance in Canada which isn't a bad thing. 

I will give you that but let's not forget he was the one who congratulated Jack Layton for wiping out the separatists.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He's gone as far left as he can and can promote the things he's done so far, there's really no new ground to the left for him if he doesn't want to lose more support.

I could be wrong but I think the platform will be scaled back and more centre.

And people are just going to trust this 'new platform' over past actions? 

• Upvote 1