The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

On 10/25/2018 at 8:55 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess thats the crux, isn't it. BC's carbon tax has been a measurable success (this is a left-leaning group but the basic numbers can be backed up: http://www.pembina.org/op-ed/bc-carbon-tax-success).

I see more evidence that a carbon tax plan has, and can, work. I don't see any evidence from the right that it won't. I see a lot of complaining and ideology, but as they say in Saskatchewan, its a lot of feather but not much chicken in their arguments against a carbon tax.

Where in there does it in any way show that it is a success. 

• Upvote 1

A tie when it comes to election polling.

A year away from election day and no-name Scheer is right behind celebrity Trudeau: Ipsos poll

With one year until the 2019 federal election, Justin Trudeau’s Liberals lead Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives by a nose, according to the latest Ipsos poll provided exclusively to Global News.

Among decided and leaning voters surveyed by Ipsos, the Liberals had 36 per cent support compared to 35 per cent for the Conservatives. Jagmeet Singh and the NDP were well back at  20 per cent. Other parties, including the Greens, were polling under five per cent.

And while those numbers are certain to change as each party gets into campaign mode over the next 12 months, Ipsos CEO Darrell Bricker believes a Trudeau repeat is not automatic.

“Looking at the numbers right now, it’s going to be a pretty competitive election,” Bricker said. “That [Scheer] is basically tied with someone who’s a rock star in Canadian politics has to be concerning for the Liberal Party.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4564813/justin-trudeau-andrew-scheer-close-ipsos-poll/

This woman and her husband should tell the government they're 25 to 35 and are converting to Islam. Or they should go down to the US and walk back over the border.

Justin would let them stay for sure.

Putin critic pleads with Trudeau for asylum in Canada, says returning to Russia isn’t safe

https://globalnews.ca/news/4611911/putin-critic-asylum-canada/amp/

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

This woman and her husband should tell the government they're 25 to 35 and are converting to Islam. Or they should go down to the US and walk back over the border.

Justin would let them stay for sure.

Putin critic pleads with Trudeau for asylum in Canada, says returning to Russia isn’t safe

https://globalnews.ca/news/4611911/putin-critic-asylum-canada/amp/

If they told Trudeau that he would probably pay them out of his own pocket to have 3 kids.

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2018 at 12:49 PM, Ryan Strome said:

A tie when it comes to election polling.

A year away from election day and no-name Scheer is right behind celebrity Trudeau: Ipsos poll

With one year until the 2019 federal election, Justin Trudeau’s Liberals lead Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives by a nose, according to the latest Ipsos poll provided exclusively to Global News.

Among decided and leaning voters surveyed by Ipsos, the Liberals had 36 per cent support compared to 35 per cent for the Conservatives. Jagmeet Singh and the NDP were well back at  20 per cent. Other parties, including the Greens, were polling under five per cent.

And while those numbers are certain to change as each party gets into campaign mode over the next 12 months, Ipsos CEO Darrell Bricker believes a Trudeau repeat is not automatic.

“Looking at the numbers right now, it’s going to be a pretty competitive election,” Bricker said. “That [Scheer] is basically tied with someone who’s a rock star in Canadian politics has to be concerning for the Liberal Party.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4564813/justin-trudeau-andrew-scheer-close-ipsos-poll/

Wow, even with the split in the CPC.   Interesting.   I notice Forum, who has a habit of getting election results correct about year out, even has more provocative projection:

A Conservative Majority

A Conservative Majority October 17, 2018 @ 7:00 AM | Filed under: National A Conservative Majority Toronto, October 16th

In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1226 Canadian voters, amongst those decided and leaning, if an election were held today the Conservative party would secure support from 4 in 10 (41%), while the Liberals would secure support from about one-third (32%).   The NDP sees support from one-sixth (15%) and the Green party sees support from about 1 in 10 (7%).   Few say they are supporting either the BQ (4%) or another party (1%).   Those respondents more likely to vote Conservative include those aged 35 to 44 (47%) and 45 to 54 (46%), males (49%), those earning $80,000 to $100,000 (48%), the wealthiest (45%), the least educated (49%), and those living in Alberta (69%).   Those respondents more likely to vote Liberal include those aged 55 to 64 (38%) and 65 and above (35%), females (34%), the wealthiest (40%), and those living in Ontario (36%), Manitoba and Saskatchewan (35%), and Atlantic Canada (34%), or Québec (33%).   Seat breakdown If the election were held today, we project these results would see a Conservative majority government with 184 seats. The Liberals would serve as opposition with 113 seats, and the NDP would serve as third party with 33 seats.   The BQ would win 7, and the Green Party would win 1.      

“The Conservatives have a strong lead over the Liberals right now,” said Dr. Lorne Bozinoff, President of Forum Research. “The expected bump from the successful renegotiation of the free trade agreement seems not to have materialized for Trudeau’s Liberals. One question that’s worth asking about one year away from an election: right now, are prospective voters supporting the Conservatives or turning away from the Liberals?”

Read more at: http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2881/untitled-post/
Copyright ©Forum Research Inc.

Remember Clement people?

You know, Gazebo boy?

Security advisor?

Former darling of the Harper administration and now Scheers right hand man?

Remember how he reacted to Trudeaus alleged incident with that woman over 20 years ago?  Remember his statements about that Liberal MP and how he was treating his female staff

Well  la dee da the Reform Party of morals and family values is at it again.  Clement going all Anthony Weiner but...being extorted in the process

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/clement-scheer-explicit-photos-1.4895295

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer isn't offering much light on Tony Clement's future role in caucus after the longtime Tory admitted to sharing sexually explicit images and a video.

Scheer said Wednesday he was made aware of an investigation last week and sat down with Clement on Monday, when it was decided Clement should resign his justice critic role and position on a number of Commons committees — including a top secret national security and intelligence committee.

On Tuesday night, Clement sent out a statement saying he shared sexually explicit images and a video of himself to someone he believed was a consenting woman.

"The recipient was, in fact, an individual or party who targeted me for the purpose of financial extortion," he wrote.

"The RCMP are currently investigating the matter to determine the identity of the party responsible for the extortion attempt."

Scheer didn't answer questions about whether Clement can run under the Conservative banner in 2019.

"I don't have anything further to add to that dynamic or to anything about … internal caucus matters, but I think we can all agree that this was a very poor decision," he told reporters Wednesday.

"I'm taking Tony at his word that this is the first time that this has happened. It's a terrible lapse of judgment that we're all disappointed in."

lol never heard this story. Clement is a creepy looking dude I feel sorry for whoever received those pictures.:lol:

@Warhippy I see as usual you're attempting to attack the conservatives while constantly ignoring liberal and ndp scandals. It appears Scheer advised him to resign meanwhile the finance minister committed insider trading and the defense minister is a complete scam artist and JT is the only pm found guilty of conflict of interest and not one thing has changed with those 3 individuals.

Clement is a tool but at least Scheer and the Conservatives have taken action where the same can't be said about the liberals.

Edited by Ryan Strome

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

lol never heard this story. Clement is a creepy looking dude I feel sorry for whoever received those pictures.:lol:

@Warhippy I see as usual you're attempting to attack the conservatives while constantly ignoring liberal and ndp scandals. It appears Scheer advised him to resign meanwhile the finance minister committed insider trading and the defense minister is a complete scam artist and JT is the only pm found guilty of conflict of interest and not one thing has changed with those 3 individuals.

Clement is a tool but at least Scheer and the Conservatives have taken action where the same can't be said about the liberals.

Nah man.  They're being pretty quiet about this

It's about as egregious as bernier leaving classified notes at his girlfriends house

You're in a position of security/intelligence and gettimg extorted?  That's really really bad

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Nah man.  They're being pretty quiet about this

It's about as egregious as bernier leaving classified notes at his girlfriends house

You're in a position of security/intelligence and gettimg extorted?  That's really really bad

Oh I kind of figured the extortion bit was maybe fabricated but if it is the case who is behind it? Clearly someone who looks like Clement would be ecstatic that someone wanted pictures of him.

Bernier was so focused on his girlfriend at the time he didn't realize he forgot very classified material at a hells angels hangout. 

The more concerning thing would be why is he hanging out with them.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Remember Clement people?

You know, Gazebo boy?

Security advisor?

Former darling of the Harper administration and now Scheers right hand man?

Remember how he reacted to Trudeaus alleged incident with that woman over 20 years ago?  Remember his statements about that Liberal MP and how he was treating his female staff

Well  la dee da the Reform Party of morals and family values is at it again.  Clement going all Anthony Weiner but...being extorted in the process

ouch :P Tone the Bone with egg on this face for sure.

As much as I enjoy a Harper lackey finding himself in this spot, I do feel a bit bad for him..... :lol: not. 

On 2018-10-31 at 6:18 PM, Ryan Strome said:

I know JT supporters will defend him and stats can. Good to see it will be investigated.

Privacy commissioner investigating StatCan's attempt to get banking info

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/privacy-commissioner-investigating-statcan-s-attempt-to-get-banking-info-1.4157136

I don't see any issues with aggregated or anonymous data collection. Its not clear from the story what the parameters are - was the data supposed to be anonymized or were they asking for personal identifiers?

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't see any issues with aggregated or anonymous data collection. Its not clear from the story what the parameters are - was the data supposed to be anonymized or were they asking for personal identifiers?

Imo statscan shouldn't know anything about anyone's personal banking info without consent.

Edited by Ryan Strome

38 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Imo statscan shouldn't know anything about anyone's personal banking info without consent.

for sure, but banks could give your personal info if your name was scrubbed from the bank record. No harm there.

On 10/31/2018 at 6:14 PM, Ryan Strome said:

Typical Liberals taking away privacy and rights.

Trudeau defends Statistics Canada move to collect banking info of 500,000 Canadians

https://globalnews.ca/news/4608105/trudeau-defends-statistics-canada-move-to-collect-banking-info-of-500000-canadians/

Wow, is this really happening?   Missed this news cycle somehow.   This seems a massive step away from what Canada typically stands for.   Seems a gross invasion of privacy.    

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow, is this really happening?   Missed this news cycle somehow.   This seems a massive step away from what Canada typically stands for.   Seems a gross invasion of privacy.    

Absolutely. In most cases governments, liberal or conservative are so concerned about invading privacy of Canadians but this liberal government under JT is something else.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Absolutely. In most cases governments, liberal or conservative are so concerned about invading privacy of Canadians but this liberal government under JT is something else.

Why has this been so quiet?   I would have thought this would have the Canadian masses up in arms irrespective of party background.   This seems like an incredible breach of privacy on a scale not previously seen in Canada.   What is the possible justification?   National Security?