The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

2 hours ago, Monty said:

So, how’s the GM Mode, which I’m sure is the same as the 2008 version?

I could try it out.  I was thinking I would wait to start my franchise until after the roster update.  Otherwise there are lots of new Canucks missing.

Has anyone else noticed when playing Versus online you cant see your opponents team before locking into the game? Kind of annoying having to play the All star team all the time.  Is there a way to select teams so you can see who you're playing against?

1 hour ago, BrEwSki said:

Has anyone else noticed when playing Versus online you cant see your opponents team before locking into the game? Kind of annoying having to play the All star team all the time.  Is there a way to select teams so you can see who you're playing against?

This annoys me too. I liked it when we were able to view the opponent's team when selecting a team. I guess they made the change to save time as it would take time to make any lineup changes. They could make an improvement where you could view the opponent's team then advance and make any lineup changes prior to selecting teams. Maybe a separate option to save your lineup for any team you choose to select when playing online.

• Upvote 1

I have been watching a few YouTubers who have been playing NHL 19. I noticed one of them attempted to trade for the first overall pick in the Draft but the top team drafted the guy before the clock ran out. Believe it was only a minute into the pick countdown. Do you guys know if your teams "timeouts" count as an extension on the team picking?

Curious if the timeout feature can be used to stall a team from picking as if you were on the phone with them trying to make a deal.

The game looks pretty fun. I am going to study it thoroughly before I purchase it. I only ever really do franchise mode aside from the odd 3v3 game mode.

Does the feel of the game seem more realistic? i know hits and skating have been improved but is it noticeably better than 18?

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This annoys me too. I liked it when we were able to view the opponent's team when selecting a team. I guess they made the change to save time as it would take time to make any lineup changes. They could make an improvement where you could view the opponent's team then advance and make any lineup changes prior to selecting teams. Maybe a separate option to save your lineup for any team you choose to select when playing online.

I agree, If they let you view your opponents team you could arrange Canada VS Sweden or Victoria Royals VS Vancouver Giants.  But not seeing their team makes it impossible to set up these types of games..

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎15 at 4:43 PM, TheRocket18 said:

anyone need a skater? eashl? xbone.  

I would create a team, I have xbox also but sometimes I can't find anyone to play online with. I'll create a team sometime tonight and see if anyone else is interested also?

Unless someone else has a team then I would be interested in joining. lol

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2018 at 10:30 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Played an online game in HUT where the opponent took 17 minor penalties. :lol: 

It wasn't me, was it? I played one on Saturday to get the XB1 achievement and I took at least that many, probably more. Stupid poke check :lol:

Well I caved and bought it.  Didn't play much yet, just a couple games of Be A Pro.  All and all looks pretty much the same except the addition of the skill tree and talent points which is a neat addition.  Might just use the PS plus free 2 day trial and try some EASHL tonight.  My god is the soundtrack atrocious though.

• Haha 1

All in all best NHL game since 14 i think? Aside from the $&!#ty matchmaking where sometimes it matches and others it does not. 

It would be cool if the other game modes leveled up your EASHL player. Also I noticed they tweaked the goalies to make dekes rarely go in even by pro players. Forces it to be a team game which is cool. I keep getting matched up with dip$&!#s who don't appreciate hockey lol

Other than that EA finally figured it out. Whoever was in charge of this game should be promoted. Anyone wants to play club let me know. Drewismyname1 on XBL

Edited by Gumbee