The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] What top end players could you see being moved next year?

Jock....agree about your comparison of the Toews/Kane situation to the Sedins.  The rest of your analysis is pretty spot on as well.  

The only thing I'm encouraged that you could possibly be wrong about is the Panarin/Saad trade.  Saad is thankfully still young and last year he was pretty snake bitten.  He actually took a career high in shots last season and was getting a ton of scoring chances...for some reason he had a career low shooting percentage (7% as to a usual 13%) that was almost half his norm and not burying those chances when he got them.  Hopefully this season he gets back up to that 13% range, which would've given him over 30 goals last season.

(Or maybe the reason is losing Hossa off that Toews/Saad line hurt a lot more than people realize)

Yeah, I think it is clear that Hossa was really the unsung hero on that team.  He was truly an amazing all use player.  His loss may be the true root of their decline.

Panarin though is an elite centre in this league.  Not denigrating Saad just think the value of an elite centre is more than Saad. 

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Yeah, I think it is clear that Hossa was really the unsung hero on that team.  He was truly an amazing all use player.  His loss may be the true root of their decline.

Panarin though is an elite centre in this league.  Not denigrating Saad just think the value of an elite centre is more than Saad. 

Hossa was an absolute beast.  Rookies should've been forced their first season to just watch how that guy played 200 feet every single shift, every single night.  Kind of a sketchy end to his career there though.

And I think no matter what Panarin is the better player...I'm just optimistic that with Saad's age, that trade may not look so one sided this season.

Not sure how "top end" he is, but I can see Silfverberg being available if the Ducks aren't doing well. 

He's a UFA, so if Anaheim thinks they won't be able to sign him, they might try to get something for him before losing him for nothing.  Or, they could trade him knowing they can just re-sign him in the off-season. 

Either way, I could see him being available if Anaheim stinks.

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Panarin has taken 10 faceoffs in his 3 year career.

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] What top end players could you see being moved next year?

Archived