The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

On 8/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, jovocop55 said:

I did, they just msg to call back.  Not sure what it is for.   

There was an article recently that Seattle was going to start calling the people who put deposits to crack down on brokers

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl-seattle-moves-to-crack-down-on-ticket-brokers-now-on-a-waiting-list-for-seats/

I'd suspect this would be why they are calling and are most likely focusing on deposits that are firstly coming from outside of Washington State.

Yeah I heard Seattle ownership is going to be even more anti-scalper than Las Vegas is. Basically unless you are going to the majority of games yourself they don't want you as a STH. The reasoning behind this is that during bad times scalpers will presumably abandon the team where as true fans who are involved with the team will HODL. Interestingly enough, Victor DeBonis is the COO for Seattle and he, I assume, has a lot of clout about how the STH process goes. He saw what happened in Vancouver and how the STH base went from a 7 year waiting list to like 80% capacity in just a few years. So maybe he is part of the reason.

I must get tickets to the Sedin night Feb.12th. I already promised a customer of mine I’d get them. 

I signed up for the pre sale thing on Canucks.com. I’m curious if anyone can help me out, is this the best way to ensure I get good seats for this game??

13 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I must get tickets to the Sedin night Feb.12th. I already promised a customer of mine I’d get them. 

I signed up for the pre sale thing on Canucks.com. I’m curious if anyone can help me out, is this the best way to ensure I get good seats for this game??

Which presale did you sign up for?  The one for the public is after the presale for season ticket holders.  Season ticket holders get first crack and will likely clean the tickets out for that game 

15 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Which presale did you sign up for?  The one for the public is after the presale for season ticket holders.  Season ticket holders get first crack and will likely clean the tickets out for that game 

It was pre sales for single game tickets. I think they just email me when I can purchase single tickets early 

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

It was pre sales for single game tickets. I think they just email me when I can purchase single tickets early 

yeah, it's going to be tough to get tickets to the Sedin game when single game public sales start.  Even if they hold some tickets back.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I have heard someone seriously suggest, the Canadian women's team, should play each of the Canadian teams preseason.  I'd probably go to the first one.

IMO those women’s teams have great female players.  But they play most often against Bantam Boys’ teams for fair completion with males.  

19 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I have heard someone seriously suggest, the Canadian women's team, should play each of the Canadian teams preseason.  I'd probably go to the first one.

While I can understand the appeal, I think that is a terrible idea because it women can't be hit or get in fights etc. Some of the bloodiest fights I've seen in hockey have gone down in pre-season games. While the pre-season games might seem like a joke or novelty to some people, they are very real to the players who are playing in them. This is their chance to show the coaching staff that they have what it takes to make the team. Also, I feel like if any NHL team lost to a woman's team it would be embarrassing to them, but also if they play too aggressively they might be seen as bullies or beating up on women. It's a bad PR move for any NHL team, they have nothing to gain. The women have everything to gain, but NHL nothing to gain from it.