The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

11 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

When you transfer your tickets it even gives you space to write a message to the receiver.....

I guess stubhub can't do much about that.

yeah i don't see how they can do anything about it.  The whole ticketmaster mobile transfer thing needs two real email addresses for direct communication.

It's not like stubhub can make fake anon. addresses like craigslist to hide the real addresses.

18 minutes ago, kangerr01 said:

Pretty cool gift! Commemorative puck with ice inside from Sedins last home game

Nice!!! My package arrived today (even though I never got an email, not even in spam). But I am not at home yet to check it out.

I guess there will be a bunch of commemorative pucks for sale on craigslist soon LOL

It's cool but I was definitely hoping for something a little more substantial with it being the 50th season and new Uniforms etc.  I guess I am skeptical that in regards that the water inside these pucks are actually from the ice of their last game.

I guess I wish we would have had the choice like we did the last couple of years.  I would have liked the option to get one of the new team Jersey's instead with the 50th Season patch.

1 hour ago, bt116 said:

I personally like selling via mobile transfer too.   Cause once you transfer it, the tickets will be gone from your account.  It just seems more tidy that way and helps eliminate any chances of me accidentally selling the ticket twice or accidentally printing off a new set of bar codes. 

But The thing is obviously your email address will be seen to the seller, and the seller email address will be seen by you, etc. 

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Yeah the mobile transfer is quickly taking over.  

I think it is getting more popular fast, is because buyers prefer having the tickets transferred to their own canucks account.  Over a pdf file.

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

When you transfer your tickets it even gives you space to write a message to the receiver.....

I guess stubhub can't do much about that.

48 minutes ago, bt116 said:

yeah i don't see how they can do anything about it.  The whole ticketmaster mobile transfer thing needs two real email addresses for direct communication.

It's not like stubhub can make fake anon. addresses like craigslist to hide the real addresses.

It makes sense to me, but I also feel like it is definitely a way for the Canucks to collect more information. Before (with PDF) the canucks had no idea how many tickets were being resold. Now they can easily track it and also they collect email addresses of people buying tickets and maybe market directly to them in the future. Also like you guys said, there is no way for stubhub to control the process and so the email addresses are easily visible. It wouldn't take much effort to make a list of e-mails and eventually sell directly to the buyers instead of selling through stubhub. Likewise, they may contact you and ask you to sell to them directly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

No more actual ticket books.  I think I like these stacks better.

WAYYY better. Booklet looks awesome. So much easier to tear out tickets. Damn. I gotta say, it looks like the Canucks killed it this year. If I were a half season holder Id be kind of bummed out missing out on this. Maybe this will help them convert half seasons to full seasons. Nice perks!

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Hockeyrulz said:

It's cool but I was definitely hoping for something a little more substantial with it being the 50th season and new Uniforms etc.  I guess I am skeptical that in regards that the water inside these pucks are actually from the ice of their last game.

I guess I wish we would have had the choice like we did the last couple of years.  I would have liked the option to get one of the new team Jersey's instead with the 50th Season patch.

Why would they lie about the ice? It's relatively cheap to produce, but it's unique. It commemorates a significant time in the 50 year history of the team. You won't be able to find this anywhere else and it will be much more valuable as a collector's item. This distinguishes you as a season ticket holder much more so than a jersey that anyone can get. You could still buy your jersey and probably can afford it if you can afford the season tickets.

Edited by theo5789
  • Cheers 1

Just because I have Season Tickets, doesn't mean I have a ton of disposable income.  I share the cost of my seats with a friend and we also sell of a significant amount of games so the cost to us isn't as substantial per year.  Being able to go to 20-25 games a year and only be out $1,000 or so isn't as big of a hit to an overall yearly entertainment budget. 

I brought up the Jersey because over the past two years when we as ticket holders have been given the option to choose a gift which included that as an option.  That was sold to us as giving us the chance to get the new Adidas Jersey so I'm not too sure why that wouldn't be an option now that they are onto a new design. 

My preference on what is important to me and what I prefer really doesn't matter to what your opinion is of the ice puck.  Personally for me, It will likely stay in a box somewhere and not be seen.   A 50th Season Jersey would be something I would wear to every game this year and beyond. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the puck doesn’t do anything for me at all. 

If we’re going with something with Sedin memorabilia, I would have rather just had a signed Sedin photo. 

The jersey was great last year, so this was a bit of a disappointment. Would have been great to get a brand new 50th Anniversary jersey today. 

Tickets look great, much better than last year and each ticket is actually unique. Last year, several of the tickets were plain and reused for several games. 

Looking forward to the season and now I have to find a way to sell these dreadful preseason tickets. 

• Like 1