The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

27 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Ok, so the tickets website has glitched out and it looks like it is now selling tickets for season ticket member pricing, not full pricing.

I just bought 2 tickets to the Chicago retirement game. It said they were $208 each but when I clicked on them it was only $133 each.

That's Awesome for you!  Glad you got tickets but a bit of a piss off for us who bought the day they were released at full pop. 

Good find.

Guys - need advice! 

So my friends and I got 4 tickets (quarter seasons) - but our account rep put them onto one single account, which is fine, but then she said we're only entitled to one $50 F&B card? as opposed to 4 separate (1 per seat) is this accurate? Should I have her split into 4 accounts or am I being unreasonable here?

Thanks so much!! 

3 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

Guys - need advice! 

So my friends and I got 4 tickets (quarter seasons) - but our account rep put them onto one single account, which is fine, but then she said we're only entitled to one $50 F&B card? as opposed to 4 separate (1 per seat) is this accurate? Should I have her split into 4 accounts or am I being unreasonable here?

Thanks so much!! 

Under 1 account, you will only get 1 F&B Card and one gift if they ever do that.  With 4 accounts, you would get 4 of everything.

With that said, as individual accounts, you will be buying single tickets and will need to hope to be in the same seat selection year after year and hope to get 4 tickets together.  As A Quarter Season Ticket Holder or Half Season Ticket Holder, you will have to change your seats yearly based on available.

13 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

Guys - need advice! 

Thanks so much!! 

YEP!  That's how it works.  I have 8 season tickets and only get the same benefits as anyone with 2.  I should have a closet full of free jerseys, and a stack of those Sedin ice pucks.

Edited by BCNeil
  • Like 2

Yeah we've been down this road before. The Canucks give out perks/gifts on a basis of 1 per account, not per ticket. I don't quite understand it but ces la vi. You and your friends should really consider sucking it up and buying full season tickets each. Yes it costs more but with the perks you almost can't lose on a single ticket. This year they gave $350 back on a gift card.

Today on a whim I bought tickets in the lower bowl. (Full Season). I'm just wondering if anybody can tell me how you determine the tickets face value? I know on hard copy tickets I've used in the past they are on the ticket. I'm trying to navigate around the season ticket member portal and don't see anything.

Thanks Everyone.

52 minutes ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

Today on a whim I bought tickets in the lower bowl. (Full Season). I'm just wondering if anybody can tell me how you determine the tickets face value? I know on hard copy tickets I've used in the past they are on the ticket. I'm trying to navigate around the season ticket member portal and don't see anything.

Thanks Everyone.

should of got a member pricing email

52 minutes ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

Thanks Everyone.

should of got a member pricing email

1 hour ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

ahh. I honestly just bought them 4 hours ago. never got member pricing email just the seating chart with per game price. I'm assuming the price changes based on the game though? I may be wrong.

divide 40% off the ticket price should give you what us members pay or go to you canucks acccount go to invoices  then under your payment plan click view invoice details

ahh. I honestly just bought them 4 hours ago. never got member pricing email just the seating chart with per game price. I'm assuming the price changes based on the game though? I may be wrong.

Prices do change based on price category

Pre-Season

Regular

Regular +

Premium

Marquee

You should be able to reach out to an account manager and they can send you that info for price per game/ticket for each price category.

Welcome to the gang.  Now that you are a STH, face value doesn't really mean anything.

So far I've decided to do a bit of a test run and sell a few tickets on Stubhub under the new "Mobile Transfer" option and I am definitely not impressed. So far I have already had one person report to stubhub they never got the tickets via email (even though I sent them) so I had to reclaim them, re-send them and send screenshots as proof to stubhub (that takes time). Compare that to last year without a single complaint or issue with digital downloads. Also, some people just don't claim their tickets at all, I assume they will do it at the very last minute at the gates... makes me nervous though. At least if things hit the fan there is guaranteed proof that you sent the tickets, but I wonder if that disappears after the event is over. I am going to sell a few more and see how it goes but yeah I think this is going to be a bit hit to stubhub's business and that's the only reason I sell with them is to get rid of tickets to a large customer base. If they lose that advantage then they are toast.

Yeah I was wondering about that too with stubhub.  I am keeping all emails showing i sent the tickets just in case.

Nothing to stop people from buying tickets, not accept them while they shop for a better deal, then claim you never sent them to get out of the sale.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Yeah I was wondering about that too with stubhub.  I am keeping all emails showing i sent the tickets just in case.

Nothing to stop people from buying tickets, not accept them while they shop for a better deal, then claim you never sent them to get out of the sale.

I just talked to a senior rep for a half hour on the phone at stubhub, basically asking him a bunch of hard questions about Mobile Transfer and the overall state of StubHub and I walked away from the conversation basically with several thoughts:

1) Stubhub is going to lose the ticket wars against ticketmaster because they don't control the actual tickets from origin, where as ticketmaster does.

2) Stubhub knows this, and that is why their parent company eBay has put the company up for sale for $10 billion? There is a really good article talking about this. Worth a read. Apparently vividseats might buy them.

3) Ticketmaster is getting trixy. Apparently recently there was a major concert where 24 hours before hand stubhub changed all of the barcodes for mobile tickets and users had to go on and refresh. For people who did Mobile Ticket transfer this wasn't an issue, but for people who did Instant Mobile Ticket it was. Stubhub had to phone everyone and get them to reissue new tickets. What's funny is the way the rep told me this, he basically insinuated that Stubhub has "spies" working at ticketmaster who relay this info to them ahead of time, and Ticketmaster has "spies" at Stubhub doing the same thing. Someone should make a movie about this...........

4) Stubhub spends massive amounts of money on customer service. If there is even the smallest problem, I find I have to phone them. Email and chat are useless. Same goes with buyers. Their budget for customer service is increasing every day with the new rules and changes.

5) Probably the biggest issue of all: customer data. With every mobile ticket transfer, you get the full name and email address now of the customer. This leads to two potential HUGE problems which will be what eventually sink stubhub: #1) Nothing stopping the sellers/brokers from going directly to the customer...... #2) Fraud, fraud, fraud. What is to stop me from creating an official looking stubhub email and sending e-mails to those customers acting as stubhub, to try and defraud them? What if I type their name into google, find their phone # and call them pretending to be stubhub. "Yes this is stubhub. I just need to verify your credit card information". I can't think of any other business which gives out their customers data like this. And they aren't just giving it to random sellers, they are giving it to their rival - ticketmaster. You have to sign up for a ticketmaster account to collect the tickets and now ticketmaster can solicit directly to that customer. It's a total train wreck and the business model doesn't make sense anymore.

Anyways, I am just fascinated by these types of things because ultimately this ends up bad for everyone. Competition is a good thing and if Ticketmaster wipes everyone out and becomes the only place to buy and resell tickets then it will end up hurting everyone because fees will go way up. I am also not a big fan of such huge amounts of data being collected. I understand some data needs to be collected, but ticketmaster seems to be hell bent on knowing every single thing about its customers including how often they take a dump so they can calculate how many toilets will be used at an arena.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Forgot to mention, apparently the emails you get in your inbox are NOT enough proof because they don't include the email address (you could have typed the wrong address). The way they want you to prove the sale is to take a screenshot after you send the tickets before you click the "Done" button" which says: "Your offer has been sent to:". The other way to prove it is to go on and click "Reclaim tickets" and then take a screenshot of that, after you reclaim them, showing you sent them originally. But neither of these options, I would imagine, are available after the game has started. It seems kind of ridiculous to take a screenshot of every single transaction. Maybe do it for ones closer to the game or higher cost ones?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1