The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

On 9/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

They only allow Mobile Ticket (Instant) for last minute sales. So if your ticket hasn't sold by 3pm, you need to go on and switch the ticket method and upload a photo of the mobile barcode. That should get you until puck drop.

I called stubhub and asked.  The Mobile transfer listings that are still live after 3pm of game-day are posted by their 'top sellers', so their mobile transfer listings get to stay there till puck drop.

And speaking of Mobile Ticket (Instant) listings, is it still considered 'safe' to upload a barcode for the listing?  I am just paranoid that ticketmaster will be using live generated barcodes , and the person who bought my tickets won't be able to get in the gate with my barcode that i captured beforehand , at the time of my ticket posting.

16 hours ago, bt116 said:

Didn't it ask you to pick 5 choices?  You should be able to get at least one of them...

If none all 5 of your choices are full they will send you and email to pick from the choices they have left.   Most likely a round of golf and maybe a pair of tickets to a game or concert

On 9/26/2019 at 4:38 PM, bt116 said:

I called stubhub and asked.  The Mobile transfer listings that are still live after 3pm of game-day are posted by their 'top sellers', so their mobile transfer listings get to stay there till puck drop.

And speaking of Mobile Ticket (Instant) listings, is it still considered 'safe' to upload a barcode for the listing?  I am just paranoid that ticketmaster will be using live generated barcodes , and the person who bought my tickets won't be able to get in the gate with my barcode that i captured beforehand , at the time of my ticket posting.

Doesn't the barcode on the mobile ticket match the barcode on the physical tickets? If so then no way ticketmaster can use live generated barcodes because it would invalidate the hard copy tickets. Or is a new barcode generated if you try and use a mobile ticket?

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Doesn't the barcode on the mobile ticket match the barcode on the physical tickets? If so then no way ticketmaster can use live generated barcodes because it would invalidate the hard copy tickets. Or is a new barcode generated if you try and use a mobile ticket?

I asked a rep via email when I first signed up what happens. I believe he said once you hit view barcode on a mobile ticket it invalidates the printed ticket.

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I think the QR code that we upload to Stubhub can be live generated by ticketmaster. 

I was trying to sell whitecaps tix on Stubhub  this past summer... And they took away Mobile Ticket (Instant) listings.  I asked Stubhub why that is , and they said because those QR codes that we upload can expire, and they can be generated live by ticketmaster at any time.. so whatever that we upload might not be reliable. 

The whitecaps account manager runs under the same platform as our Canucks account manager... So that's why I am curious about the  reliability of the QR codes that we upload to Stubhub for our Canucks tickets listings. 

I did make a few sales this week on Stubhub via QR codes upload.. And so far so good... Nothing bounced back. 

3 hours ago, bt116 said:

I think the QR code that we upload to Stubhub can be live generated by ticketmaster. 

I was trying to sell whitecaps tix on Stubhub  this past summer... And they took away Mobile Ticket (Instant) listings.  I asked Stubhub why that is , and they said because those QR codes that we upload can expire, and they can be generated live by ticketmaster at any time.. so whatever that we upload might not be reliable. 

The whitecaps account manager runs under the same platform as our Canucks account manager... So that's why I am curious about the  reliability of the QR codes that we upload to Stubhub for our Canucks tickets listings. 

I did make a few sales this week on Stubhub via QR codes upload.. And so far so good... Nothing bounced back. 

Well, ticketmaster has every single reason to make it as hard as possible for stubhub. So I wouldn't be surprised if they do this. Using interactive live QR codes doesn't affect anyone except those who buy on stubhub which is the goal of ticketmaster (to eliminate stubhub and score the secondary market themselves). So it looks like transfer is the best way to sell tickets, but unfortunately this allows the Canucks to know exactly how many games, and which games, you are selling and to who you are selling and that is a lot of information for them to get.

13 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

ya it’s pathetic, I got offered warriors tickets I said no, I want something that involves the Canucks 

Yup.  That happened to me one year.   They golf has to be used before the end of May too.   So not even a summer round

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I guess I didn't get anything either.  

my rep said "a email was sent out " he gave me the list of crappy items ,  then he said our team is working on something to give members that didnt get anything , youd think with the 50th season they do something with all their memebers , only reason i get full season is cause of the great benefits i was able to get in the past , 

1 hour ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

Have any of you ever been in the "captains room"? I got an email about it today.... worth it?

The food is good.  I don't think becoming a "member" is worth it though.  

I wonder if we can use our gift card there.  

14 hours ago, BCNeil said:

The food is good.  I don't think becoming a "member" is worth it though.  

I wonder if we can use our gift card there.  

I wonder since I didn’t get any benefits if my rep would put a name and number on a jersey for me instead, cause I won’t take any terrible perk