The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [I Cuori Spezzati] - Nightfall Sunday at 11 PM PST

Rate this topic

AV.

32 minutes ago, luckylager said:

It's really interesting reading through these vet posts / analysis... quite the quirky game really.

I'm struggling to figure out how to explain why - 

But after taking some advice from a post (Radish's I think) I reread for a while. I don't compartmentalize as well as I did when I was younger, so I found it helpful.

After my reread, there's something in Wellwood's approach that comes off disingenuous. Too nonchalant for me. Just brushing it off to a role which is too boring to define but important enough to mention.

I've got my suspicions about a few heavy posters so far, but being such a mafia baby and not having the post swagger history of the rest in this game, I'm a little unsure on the "tone" or "attitude" of players posts in their game roles.

Interesting $&!# this mafia game.

It's Father's Day tomorrow and because there's a 99% chance I'll be many beers and bongs deep by the time the vote is due tomorrow -

UNVOTE SEXY MORRIS (even though I still think he's mafia)

VOTE - WELLWOOD

Excellent post, especially because you informed me of Father's Day being tomorrow. It's my mom's birthday as well, so that's been overshadowing it in my mind. :)

• Cheers 4
3 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

That's not what that means

Makes sense my head with how I interpreted it, but maybe I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

I just said his response was townish.

I didn't say he was town because of the response.

That's better. Something I disagree with, but to each their own.

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

That's not what that means

From what angle?

I think BJ's spot on. 

Given free passes to anyone going snapshow because they've been accused of something is a slippery slope.

IRL - when people have a hostile response to a relatively inconsequential accusation - they're guilty as $&!#.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, luckylager said:

From what angle?

I think BJ's spot on. 

Given free passes to anyone going snapshow because they've been accused of something is a slippery slope.

IRL - when people have a hostile response to a relatively inconsequential accusation - they're guilty as $&!#.

I'm not giving free passes though. I'm saying that, in a vacuum, that single behaviour from GEP was townish. With emphasis on the "ish".

I suppose it's counter intuitive but in my experience it's a very common trait for villagers to get angry when people start erroneously calling them scum with tenuous reasoning. Conversely, wolves know they're guilty so they don't have the same genuine frustration of being misread.

These are big generalizations, obviously.

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

I'm not giving free passes though. I'm saying that, in a vacuum, that single behaviour from GEP was townish. With emphasis on the "ish".

I suppose it's counter intuitive but in my experience it's a very common trait for villagers to get angry when people start erroneously calling them scum with tenuous reasoning. Conversely, wolves know they're guilty so they don't have the same genuine frustration of being misread.

So in knowing rage fits make people look guilty, and because we can mask our true emotional state on the webz, tantrums are now viewed as tangible defense?

Whoa now.

Why the slow play? Gotta say you may have a point. 112 got cranky with me for crying wolf when I was just beating the bush, so to speak.

6 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Especially considering that in my experience; mafia, even those that are genuinely investigated, will rage against their being accused to the bitter end. 

Im sure you have seen this..?