The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Gustav Nyquist

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Makes sense with the Ken Holland connection. probably do quite well in Deadmonton

I hope they sign him to 6 years and 6 mill per. 

They are in such rough shape. I can't see McDavid staying. 

Edited by KKnight

10 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I hope they sign him to 6 years and 6 mill per. 

They are in such rough shape. I can't see McDavid staying. 

I think Ken Holland is going to try and move lucic, he has his work cutout for him, but he already bought out the overpaid Sekera, needs to try add some speed and scoring into that top 6, so makes sense he would look at bringing in someone he drafted

Some quotes from Jim ahead of the upcoming free agency frenzy:

“Our goal was to address our defence and hopefully we can get that accomplished (Monday), but what hurt us was taking that Luongo recapture,” Benning said Sunday. “We were hoping to add another forward to our group, but taking on that money is going to restrict us.

“We were planning all along for the cap (ceiling) to be at $83 million and when it came at $81.5, and then losing the recapture (and Spooner), we lost over $4 million in five days. And that’s another pretty good player.”

Sounds like Canucks don't have the Cap Space to add a top 6 forward like Nyquist in free agency to the roster.

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Some quotes from Jim ahead of the upcoming free agency frenzy:

“Our goal was to address our defence and hopefully we can get that accomplished (Monday), but what hurt us was taking that Luongo recapture,” Benning said Sunday. “We were hoping to add another forward to our group, but taking on that money is going to restrict us.

“We were planning all along for the cap (ceiling) to be at $83 million and when it came at $81.5, and then losing the recapture (and Spooner), we lost over $4 million in five days. And that’s another pretty good player.”

Sounds like Canucks don't have the Cap Space to add a top 6 forward like Nyquist in free agency to the roster.

It's too bad the Caucks got stuck with the recapture penalty.

Was really hoping Luongo would end up on LTIR.

Nyquist seems like he could be a good fit in our top six but we would need to move some salary to fit him in.

I think we still need some more help in our top six if we are going to be a playoff team.

I guess there is still the trade route if we can't add a top six forward through free agency.

Edited by babalu
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Few years from now we may be looking back at this cap recapture an grimace at how close we were to completing the team rebuild . Instead another year to complete mission I hope Loui can be unloaded today

Do you cry the morning of Christmas too?

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Do you cry the morning of Christmas too?

Who crying reflection is not crying . A surprise retirement or not the cap is-now at crunch closing the max.It has created a trickle down effect. My main hi light was that next year there may not be quite same opportunities to pick up top6 players at today’s values. No one knows what next year will offer up but one thing has clarity . The cap on the books an the players that will be moved.. by the way I never cry hardly as lost both my parents at 12 years of age .

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think Ken Holland is going to try and move lucic, he has his work cutout for him, but he already bought out the overpaid Sekera, needs to try add some speed and scoring into that top 6, so makes sense he would look at bringing in someone he drafted

Again, Lucic for Eriksson with some spare change either way to make the deal fair.