The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Anton Forsberg, Gustav Forsling to Hurricanes for Calvin de Haan, Aleksi Saarela

4 hours ago, Trebreh said:

Gustav Forsling?! the top 4 Dman we gave up for Clendening?!? the golden child of hfboard Canuck 'fans'... no way.

Of course Canucks fans were upset. He has his own intro...

So Calvin de Haan had 14 points in 74 games. He had 12 in less than half the games the season before and 25 points the year before that. So a drop off in production and he was one of the least played guys amongst their regulars. I'm pretty sure if we acquired him, people will looking at these same stats and saying what a terrible acquisition. Funny how when it's a deal made by another team, the "value" of the deal is viewed more optimistically.

This looks like a a cap dump deal with a swap of borderline prospect/project players in Saarela and Forsling.

Going to be interesting what Chicago does as they now have like 6 LD, but I imagine it was Saarela that they were targetting.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I am thinking that Murphy or Gus are getting traded.

Maybe when Seabrook becomes 7th d man, he waives his NTC to join coach Q.

His contract is absolutely terrible.

I think its gonna be Gus or Joker that gets sent out.  Murphy I felt was our most consistent defensive defenseman after he returned from his injury and with the Hawks being the worst in goals against with the exception of Ottawa, I feel it will be one of the offensive defenders that get shipped out.

But you may be right about Murph.  Too hard to predict what Bowman is gonna do.  Bowman is like Afghanistan...you're never too sure about what the hell is really going on.