The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

Can’t wait for the draft lottery. Tampa Bay is exploring trading down in the draft depending on where we settle (currently projected with 2nd overall pick).

Any teams looking at trading picks lmk

Edited by Nolan
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Nolan said:

Can’t wait for the draft lottery. Tampa Bay is exploring trading down in the draft depending on where we settle (currently projected with 2nd overall pick).

Any teams looking at trading picks lmk

Any chance you're looking to trade out of the draft completely?

Random thoughts?

The lost season. I felt like Bobby Fisha. Always 4 moves a head a'. My competition, listen.

They ain't gonna stop me eva'! 

Yup.

I know. 

Drinkin at 8 AM insteada'

Settin line-ups for puck like foreva'. :picard: 

Calling on all dumb posts while we wait for the season...

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I'm just hoping they finish out the 82 games so we can properly have our playoffs decided :P

Heard they are aiming at starting training camp early June?

Live hockey is not too far away... The Blue & Green will be glorious once again come June!

:towel:

apollo GIF

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Has anyone suggested using Vancouver’s Olympic village for a central playoff location? 

It kind of makes a lot of sense..more than enough space, I’d imagine lots of space for games, practice, tv crews. 

Does anybody care to add some downsides to this location? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Start prepping your mock drafts! Apparently they are making a decision about an early June draft this week or next, which means if it happens our draft will follow shortly after that announcement (depending on the exact date).

• Like 4
  • Wat 1

• 2 weeks later...

AV's point on erasing a cap retention got us thinking -- perhaps it may not be a bad idea to allow 1 compliance buyout + erase 1 cap retention IF the salary cap drops low enough in real life.

If this were to happen, the retention would just disappear, and the salary of the player would remain as is. I.e. if NYI erased the retention on Crosby, Crosby's contract on BOS would not change.

This could help clear out more cap than compliance buyouts, including long term should the NHL not be able to go back up to 80M for a few years.

We'd love to hear GM's thoughts on this possibility (again, this is for a scenario where the cap drops significantly).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

AV's point on erasing a cap retention got us thinking -- perhaps it may not be a bad idea to allow 1 compliance buyout + erase 1 cap retention IF the salary cap drops low enough in real life.

If this were to happen, the retention would just disappear, and the salary of the player would remain as is. I.e. if NYI erased the retention on Crosby, Crosby's contract on BOS would not change.

This could help clear out more cap than compliance buyouts, including long term should the NHL not be able to go back up to 80M for a few years.

We'd love to hear GM's thoughts on this possibility (again, this is for a scenario where the cap drops significantly).

I think it is a reasonable suggestion for our league. Maybe be ready for more scenarios depending on real-life cap situation:

- if the situation is uncomfortable allow one of compliance buyout or erase cap retention (grant a 6th round pick to teams that will not use it)

- if the situation is serious allow both compliance buyout + erase cap retention (grant one or two 6th round picks to teams that will not use one or both options)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

The nhl has talked about a roll back and other scenarios. We should first see what they do... But even then, their actions will be to make changes to make up for all the revenue lost. 

Last I checked we're in a fantasy land and no one is losing team revenue and jobs. Our teams shouldn't need to be bailed out by roll backs or compliance buyouts if they aren't actually affected by it, should they? 

Only real $ in CDCP is that $80 or so we pay for fantrax yearly lol 

Then again the beauty of CDCP has always been that its been run as close to the NHL as possible... So it would also be fun to follow exactly what they end up doing.