The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau: International joke!

Senrik Hedin

3 minutes ago, samurai said:

.   You are suggesting that there was no democratic element involved in his appointment which is just incorrect.  

I didn't say that. My first words were that people did vote for them. They didn't just force their way into the government. It was a process over many years. Too much to sum up in one lousy paragraph. Can't admit I'm an expert on 1930s German politics.

I won't vote for the guy but I feel he does get a hard shake from other parties. Mind you Harper was getting bashed pretty hard right before the last election too.  Don't care for Trudeau much and what he does but I am not going to base my opinions off 7 second clips, would watch a 60 second clip and get a better feel of what happened.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I won't vote for the guy but I feel he does get a hard shake from other parties. Mind you Harper was getting bashed pretty hard right before the last election too.  Don't care for Trudeau much and what he does but I am not going to base my opinions off 7 second clips, would watch a 60 second clip and get a better feel of what happened.

Well Harper did have 10+ years in power, plus a host of serious issues.  As well the things that the Conservatives are hammering the Liberals the hardest on, are predominantly things that happened under the former government or were staples of the former government.  Omnibus bills/legislation.  MPs answering for the PM.  SNC Lavalin.  Trash Barges.  NAFTA/CETA/TPP

It's a hallmark of Canadian politics in that one party will commit serious issues or offences, then the new party will continue them after campaigning against how wrong they were.  While the party that was in power now goes campaigning against the processes they started to begin with.

It's a circle of idiocy

Edited by Warhippy

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Trudeau wanted to shake hands, but there is no protocol that says when you sit down for a meeting that you need to shake or even say hello to the other person next to you.   That is all done at a different place and time.    As well does Bolsonaro even speak English?  

I would guess that Bolsonaro knows very little about JT or Canada for that matter so a deliberate slight is off the cards.  

51 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well Harper did have 10+ years in power, plus a host of serious issues.  As well the things that the Conservatives are hammering the Liberals the hardest on, are predominantly things that happened under the former government or were staples of the former government.  Omnibus bills/legislation.  MPs answering for the PM.  SNC Lavalin.  Trash Barges.  NAFTA/CETA/TPP

It's a hallmark of Canadian politics in that one party will commit serious issues or offences, then the new party will continue them after campaigning against how wrong they were.  While the party that was in power now goes campaigning against the processes they started to begin with.

It's a circle of idiocy

At the end of the day I could care less whos in power. Ones gonna screw me in the front and ones gonna screw me in the back and im not getting a whole lot further ahead no matter whos in power.  

• Upvote 1