The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Tales From The Dungeon [Game over; Mafia win)

Rate this topic

AV.

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Tbh, isn't it guilty until proven innocent as rule of land where you are from?

Yeah, it's pretty lawless there on Vancouver Island.

Fortunately I now live in a land that doesn't make impulsive decisions that will crash economies or re-open hostilities along national borders or anything.

• Haha 1
Just now, Master Radishes said:

Yeah, it's pretty lawless there on Vancouver Island.

Fortunately I now live in a land that doesn't make impulsive decisions that will crash economies or re-open hostilities along national borders or anything.

Understand this.

That is my read of you. If you are TP, you obviously disagree. That's fine.

But right now, I think you are scum. And I'm on a weird energy high right now combined with RL overconfidence. You can proceed. You can respond. You can try to get me counter lynched :lol:

But...I'm going to try to get you lynched. I like you, I respect you. I think it's awesome when we are both TP. I wish we were both prisoners together.

But...you are scum...

and your gonna die.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Understand this.

That is my read of you. If you are TP, you obviously disagree. That's fine.

But right now, I think you are scum. And I'm on a weird energy high right now combined with RL overconfidence. You can proceed. You can respond. You can try to get me counter lynched :lol:

But...I'm going to try to get you lynched. I like you, I respect you. I think it's awesome when we are both TP. I wish we were both prisoners together.

But...you are scum...

and your gonna die.

So no point responding to any of your posts? :(

Fine. I'll just sit here like a fool and not reply to you.

16 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I was thinking of ignoring it completely, actually. I don't find any of it particularly alignment-indicative, mainly as I don't know their meta and so many worlds still exist.

But, fine.

I would suspect that, if TP, they each began by purposely poking at each other because (a) you know, friends; and (b) seeing if they would town-read the other or not, due to familiarity. (Bonus (c): provoke reactions from the rest of us, which is partially what sustained it for awhile.) It eventually devolved into standard banter between friends. Of course, if one is scum then that's all it was: banter between friends, matching up against someone you're familiar with rather than testing out the players you're not familiar with. I'm not going to worry yet about a W/W world as it's the least likely of the options.

In a vacuum, I would say Sexy Foot Jack came across as a more confident TP, but, again, not knowing his meta it's possible he has a powerwolf scum game that matches that. Hoggers does seem different from the last couple games, but that can easily be chalked up to more familiarity with all players (friends + knowing us more too). Taking out that, his posts seem in line with what I've come to expect from him.

I didn't include Maple in this as they weren't part of the initial discussion and mostly stayed out of it upon arriving.

FYI, I absolutely agree with everything you say here except for the last bit of Maples. Get out of my thoughts.

I would be willing to put hoggers in the lynch pool. I'm not really a big fan of his case against Stamkos. When I asked Stamkos to give me a black and white read, he echoed similar thoughts to yours on the hoggers/5'6 situation. Hoggers initial vote on Stamkos seemed like just an initial call out, than turned into a hard read. 

2 hours ago, hoggers said:

feel like stamkos took time to dive into the 3 of us only to suit his own needs. seems he needed to explain his thoughts more rather than background entities. dont buy his explanation, felt like my vote had him sweating as scum.

agree with lucky on m&h, same exact playstyle and style of content mixed with the empty content and filler.

thinking aladeen could be a wolf. 

This was kind of a weird call out list that differed much from his reads last game as God Mode TP. Stamkos's long explanation post to me read like general expression of confusion and disinterest in the 5'6/hoggers interactions. It's hard to give someone a hard scum read for giving a PoV explanation. The aladeen call out is interesting. I'd be curious to know @Zfetch's thoughts on it. I think if he's TP this game, he could shine like Elemental Hero Shining Lord!

13 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

This was kind of a weird call out list that differed much from his reads last game as God Mode TP. Stamkos's long explanation post to me read like general expression of confusion and disinterest in the 5'6/hoggers interactions. It's hard to give someone a hard scum read for giving a PoV explanation. The aladeen call out is interesting. I'd be curious to know @Zfetch's thoughts on it. I think if he's TP this game, he could shine like Elemental Hero Shining Lord!

I find in my limited experience I always disagree with hoggers' initial reads, so I'm not putting too much stock into it, myself.

On a different note, Zfetch has done nothing of consequence so far, has he? Just a few posts that read more like he's spectating than playing.

I think an Aladeen, BJ, Zfetch, LL would be a fun early TP wagon. But I'm also wrong a lot of times on my Aladeen reads. That said, Aladeen hates being mafia. I acknowledge he's very capable of having a super strong opening as a wolf in his scum game. So I understand the early suspicions of others. But I'm operating under the ignorant blissful belief that Aladeen wouldn't put that much effort in his very early read summations as scum. The game had been open for...checks time stamp...3 hours, and he's doing play by play breakdown of his reads. If he's scum, then he's also a masochist...which probably is a sound theory...but let's say he's not.

Perhaps @Aladeen could offer his updated thoughts on the hoggers/5'6 jackal interactions. Since they obviously wanted everyone to see it.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I think an Aladeen, BJ, Zfetch, LL would be a fun early TP wagon. But I'm also wrong a lot of times on my Aladeen reads. That said, Aladeen hates being mafia. I acknowledge he's very capable of having a super strong opening as a wolf in his scum game. So I understand the early suspicions of others. But I'm operating under the ignorant blissful belief that Aladeen wouldn't put that much effort in his very early read summations as scum. The game had been open for...checks time stamp...3 hours, and he's doing play by play breakdown of his reads. If he's scum, then he's also a masochist...which probably is a sound theory...but let's say he's not.

Perhaps @Aladeen could offer his updated thoughts on the hoggers/5'6 jackal interactions. Since they obviously wanted everyone to see it.

I have seen a clean scum game from Aladeen before. But usually I do find it easy to spot, and I just don't see it here. He's far too engaged and logical.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

How many players in that one?

17 in the game. D1 just ended. I'm talking about being in the discord channel for spectators, though.

10 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I'm not really good on my falcon reads. Or my DM reads. I'd be curious to know what other plays think of them.

falcon - very low-key entrance, especially compared to last game; he often sits back a bit, but he's not doing anything helpful right now, so I'd call him a scum/neutral lean

DM - seems normal, so I'm happy to have him a neutral/town read for now

10 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Re: my counting - last game I made a post about how I gave myself a pre-game over/under of 3.5 for people randomly calling me scummy in R1. I'm already up to 2, although BJ's continual push of it makes me think I shouldn't count him.

By the way, this isn't a defense. The randomizer does not consider pregame shenanigans and buffoonery. Ok, good night for real this time.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

By the way, this isn't a defense. The randomizer does not consider pregame shenanigans and buffoonery. Ok, good night for real this time.

Yeah, it's not, because there's nothing to defend. I made those cryptic '1' and '2' posts, people misinterpreted what they meant and tried to use them against me, and I was just explaining what I meant by it. *shrug emoji*

I can’t really explain why, because I don’t know myself, but that convo between MR and BJ looks like they tried really hard not to make it look forced. 

@Stamkos

Please, please, please do not blatantly angleshoot.  If you catch somebody in or using private messenger, find a weird pattern in their board activity, etc. --> use some sort of in-game reasoning (i.e "__________'s posts are lacking in substance") to place suspicion.