The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

20 hours ago, Watermelons said:

Congrats @Primal Optimist! We were banking on our top guys to carry us through the later rounds in the playoffs but didn’t have enough depth to make it out of the first.

Hope Vancouver goes all the way in real life and in this league :lol:

That was the Thrilla In Manilla series! godamn. (and TORONTO/COLUMBUS out East, wow!) Thank you for a tough fought hard won round, it honestly was touch and go right up to the final buzzer. 

The two highest scoring Western Conference clubs in the round...but there can be only one.

Now onto Today: and a head to head matchup against theMinister and his formidable AGM, Greensman. Edmonton is a formidable club, even after the round 1 scratches are taken away.

Best of luck to Edmonton, we hit the ice right away tonight with a quick turnaround!
Tonights gamesheet says:

Edmonton: zip

Vancouver: John Kingberg, Denis Gurianov, Jason Robertson, Matt Calvert and Justin Dowling. 

NAIL: Vancouver recalls any of its remaining Black Aces (pretty sure there are none, but I am drop dead tired after a 19 hour day late last night, so please have a look for me on your records and recall any that are stll in the hunt that I may have missed. thank you. If i need to post the same players who are already in the playoffs and advanced, let me know and I will try to get back by noon from a long nap.

Edited by Primal Optimist

9 hours ago, D-Money said:

Round 2 Roster (forward depth gutted):

Andre Burakovsky - Kevin Hayes - Reilly Smith

Sean Kuraly - Charlie Coyle

Mikhail Sergachev - Nate Schmidt

Justin Braun - Jeremy Lauzon

Stephen Johns (IR)

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Semyon Varlamov

Black Aces:

F - Valentin Zykov

G - Oscar Dansk

:(

8 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Good series @kj29, I'm happy to defeat Markstrom, while seeing him move on in real life.

Licensed_CLP_Banner_WinnipegJets.jpg

Jets Round of 8 Roster

Carrier  - Miller - Kucherov

Johnston - Bellemare -  Wagner

Graves - Clifton

Fleury

Lagace

Good luck @Down by the River, I've lost a lot of depth, but maybe JT can light Lehner up so much they put Fleury in the rest of the series.

I'd be happy if that happened!

Bunnaman - Seguin - Radulov

Nelson - Joseph

Toews - Quinney

Halak

Not like you're battling too much firepower on the other side. 

• Cheers 1

Draft order has been updated, only 1 additional pick has been added on, as a lot hinges on Vancouver still. If they lose in Round 2, they will receive pick 17, if they win they will move back in the order.

First 16 picks of Round 1:

95a506cdbd69ca31d71786ce570ebc33.png

I will be rolling forward the roster sheets for the 8 eliminated teams from Round 1, then will begin posting any trades in my inbox that now involve 2 eliminated teams.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/24/2020 at 10:55 PM, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To BOS - Ryan Reaves (50% retained for 2019-20 season)

To VGK - Jake Evans, BOS 2021 4th Round Pick*

*CONDITIONAL: Pick transfers if both BOS (CDCFL) and VGK (NHL) reach the conference finals in the 2019-20 playoffs.

CONDITIONAL UPDATE: Boston did not reach the conference finals in CDCFL, the pick will not transfer.

• Thanks 1

Tampa Bay has been working the phones lately. Wanted to put it out there that Cam Fowler and Ryan McDonagh are both available. Both come with clauses (McDonagh has a nice a more moveable one) but want to see the interest for one or both potentially.

Ideally Tampa is looking to acquire youth, but also draft picks this year

To CGY - Robby Fabbri, Travis Sanheim, Wayne Simmonds, Lias Andersson, Jakub Zboril, Olli Juolevi, Yakov Trenin
To NJD - Dylan Larkin, Justin Schultz, Phillip Broberg, Marshall Warren

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nail said:

To CGY - Robby Fabbri, Travis Sanheim, Wayne Simmonds, Lias Andersson, Jakub Zboril, Olli Juolevi, Yakov Trenin
To NJD - Dylan Larkin, Justin Schultz, Phillip Broberg, Marshall Warren

Holy trade

• Like 1

To NSH - Dylan Strome, Gustav Nyquist (30% retained by New Jersey for 2021-22 season)

To NJD - Joel Eriksson-Ek, Zach Bogosian, Jesse Puljujarvi

Edited by Nail
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I believe that is all the trades in my inbox that I can currently post, there are a few more that will need to wait to be posted.

A reminder to all GMs that our Entry Draft is slated to begin at the conclusion of Round 2 in the playoffs. There will be no time limits yet.

I've also received 3 teams choices for their compliance buyouts. Once I have received a few more, I will begin to post them and remove those players from the team sheets.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you so much nail! Love the steady upkeep, and I know that it is work, but a labour of love. Much obliged for all you guys do to keep it running on time.

Today is going to be a tough pill to choke down. My esteemed opponent on the Edmonton Bench has the upper hand today, and the only thing I can say is, it is a long series, we will once again slowly claw back our points. But for this day:

Edmonton Skaters: Boeser, Theodore, Karlsson, Killorn, Stastny, Bjork, Miller, Engelland

Vancouver Skaters: Brandon Sutter

Feels like we are in a 300 movie sequel tonight....

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Thank you so much nail! Love the steady upkeep, and I know that it is work, but a labour of love. Much obliged for all you guys do to keep it running on time.

Today is going to be a tough pill to choke down. My esteemed opponent on the Edmonton Bench has the upper hand today, and the only thing I can say is, it is a long series, we will once again slowly claw back our points. But for this day:

Edmonton Skaters: Boeser, Theodore, Karlsson, Killorn, Stastny, Bjork, Miller, Engelland

Vancouver Skaters: Brandon Sutter

Feels like we are in a 300 movie sequel tonight....

Sorry P.O but Sutter isn't Leonidas :lol:

The beards look similar though I get how you could misinterpret that. If you had Jay Beagle on the other hand though..... 

:bigblush: 

:P:lol:

• Haha 1

Tampa daily trade block post

A couple teams have reached out in regards to the goalies we carry. Though I'm hard pressed to move one, will put it out there that of the two I will listen to offer on Vezina finalist Connor Hellebuyck. Offer would likely need to be a bit of an overpayment however