The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 02, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, stawns said:

Brock was terrible, which given the holdout and concussion is understandable, but he was probably the worst Canuck on the ice and if Gaud isn't getting into a top 6 spot, he should be in Utica.

Sorry, jake's numbers simply don't back your argument up.

Get that sh*t outta here

4 hours ago, runtzguy said:

Lol, what game were you watching? I count two times that Hughes was beat cleanly. The McDavid goal and when Draisatl out muscled him and threw him to the ground.

To be fair those are two of the best players in the game sooo can't fault a rookie dman for that. He'll learn.

4 hours ago, buddyguy said:

To be fair those are two of the best players in the game sooo can't fault a rookie dman for that. He'll learn.

Yeah, I am not faulting Hughes. Some other guy said Hughes needs to be sent down because Hughes was beat 6-7 times in the D-zone didn't happen at least not 6-7 but twice. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, runtzguy said:

Lol, what game were you watching? I count two times that Hughes was beat cleanly. The McDavid goal and when Draisatl out muscled him and threw him to the ground.

Then clearly you can't count. He was better tonight.

The point I was making is a lot of "fans" tend to overreact and start talking immediate dramatic changes after one game. if the management was going to overreact like the fans then Hughes had a rough first game defensively and would be off to Utica.

Of course rational fans know that isn't going to happen. In particular to some one with Hughes skill. He'll be given time to learn the game and as I said he already looked better defensively tonight.

Final note: Reading comprehension is a vital life skill.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:12 PM, runtzguy said:

Yeah, I am not faulting Hughes. Some other guy said Hughes needs to be sent down because Hughes was beat 6-7 times in the D-zone didn't happen at least not 6-7 but twice. 

That's actually not what I said. I said if management acted like over reactive fans then that would be the result of Game 1 as Hughes struggled. Certainly didn't fault him in the loss to Edmonton at all , merely said he struggled.

Reading comprehension is a vital life skill.

3 hours ago, TheCammer said:

That's actually not what I said. I said if management acted like over reactive fans then that would be the result of Game 1 as Hughes struggled. Certainly didn't fault him in the loss to Edmonton at all , merely said he struggled.

Reading comprehension is a vital life skill.

Struggled? 2 bad plays where one he was out muscled by Draistal and the other where Sutter coughed up the puck to McDavid when Hughes and Tanev are on the change are hardly consider a game where Hughes struggled. 

And by the way, its not my reading comprehension that is the problem but the way you process, understand and explain your thoughts. Maybe go back to school? But if you are already dumb I doubt that will help.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:53 AM, runtzguy said:

Struggled? 2 bad plays where one he was out muscled by Draistal and the other where Sutter coughed up the puck to McDavid when Hughes and Tanev are on the change are hardly consider a game where Hughes struggled. 

And by the way, its not my reading comprehension that is the problem but the way you process, understand and explain your thoughts. Maybe go back to school? But if you are already dumb I doubt that will help.

Watch the game again pal. He was beaten on a number of plays, struggled in board battles, struggled with positioning in front of the net, but perhaps you haven't played or coached beyond Tim Bits hockey. Again, I'm as excited about Hughes as anybody. He was already better in Game 2. My point was over reactive fans react with harsh and ridiculous statements after 1 game.

Trust that my level of education, both formal and hockey far supersedes someone named "runtzguy".

8 hours ago, TheCammer said:

Watch the game again pal. He was beaten on a number of plays, struggled in board battles, struggled with positioning in front of the net, but perhaps you haven't played or coached beyond Tim Bits hockey. Again, I'm as excited about Hughes as anybody. He was already better in Game 2. My point was over reactive fans react with harsh and ridiculous statements after 1 game.

Trust that my level of education, both formal and hockey far supersedes someone named "runtzguy".

YIKES!

I think I just hit a nerve. yOu aRe sO sMart ! Want a cookie?

3 hours ago, runtzguy said:

YIKES!

11 hours ago, TheCammer said:

It's a debate, boys. Grow up and leave the mindless insults and trolling to the children.

Like me

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, runtzguy said:

YIKES!

Thanks for the offer. I'll pass on the cookie though. You actually haven't bothered me at all except you accredited me with stating Hughes should be sent down. Which isn't the case or accurate.

What I said, was over-reactive fans (which I am not one of) tend to want wholesale changes after single games whether it be a demotion to the minors a call-up or sending someone to the pressbox. My example was that Hughes did not have a particularly good game in Game 1 and over reactive fans would want him sent down based on one game in which he "struggled". Clearly you read it wrong or perhaps my explanation wasn't clear enough. I tried to clarify in a follow-up e-mail but it didn't seem to have the desire effect either

I've moved on and looking forward to seeing the gang at Rogers tonight. Enjoy your cookies.