The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This team is set up for years to come. Will we become the NHLs next dynasty?

Rate this topic

Gator

Our Future  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Starts at the top - Benning. He made this team what it is. The Canucks now have depth, a very competitive NHL team and an AHL team of players who could step up. They also have some great prospects developing (Podkolzin, Hoglander, Focht, Woo, Rathbone, etc)  Even if the Canucks lose the 1st this year (and I think they will), Benning will still be able to find a gem in later rounds. It's not always about high picks, it's about properly judging talent IMO.

Boeser at #23, Madden at #68, Rathbone at #95, Focht at #133, Gaudette at #149 and Silovs at #156, are good examples of his later gems.  

On 11/2/2019 at 9:07 AM, Jester13 said:

In a homer sense, Heck ya we're the next dynasty. I'll, of course, temper expectations, but I am absolutely on the woot woot to the playoffs and being contenders starting now train.

We have elite skill at every position, top-notch depth, size, strength, speed, some veteran but more youth, and prospects champing at the bit (yes, it's champing and not chomping).

Aside from going 0-2, this team is dominating every team for most of the game. There's no doubt in my mind that we're going to win most of our games and be very difficult to beat.

Let's goooooo!!! :towel:

I agree, and even possible more elite depth players from its own picks if it pans out.   Elite 2nd line centers, wingers, and even defenceman that would have been elite 1st line in other teams in the league in the system, it's possibility that we could get that happening.    Also, possibility that we get an elite shutdown player that we already have in Sutter and Beagle but even more waiting in the system.   The elite depth player in every positions would be maybe 2-3 years away.   If JB continues to draft more homerun picks in all rounds in future years, it's all possibility and we would have to pay JB top dollars to keep him in Vancouver.   We would be in position to make some trades, giving away our depth proven player for more top 10 pick for even better young players and could replace the older core in the future.  This move would be even more risky but if the gamble works out, adding more years in the top of the league.  

• Cheers 1

I don't think this team is as good or tough as the 1994 team or the 2011 team. It is better though than many of the other years, and great goal tending is a big reason. I think coaching might be a weakness the players can't overcome. As well there are some players still on the team that are getting huge money for poor performance. That is a management problem. Why did they sign Ferland who had just started to play better but had a history of concussions? Did they know about that or what? Anyhow the season start has been good but its early.