The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 WJHC Pool - Group B

Baer.

10 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Since puck drop isn't until Thursday and we only have 4 picks to make the time limit will be 12 hours.

So @Primal Optimist until 8PM tonight.

Then @Vrienzy has until 8PM Monday - Noon Tuesday

Followed by @AriGold2.0 at 12PM Tuesday - 8AM Wednesday

And finally @Nail who will have from 8AM Wednesday until puck drop on Thursday.

Actually, since 2 guys need forwards and 2 guys need defense, we can give people more time.

Primal and Vrienzy have until 8PM tomorrow.

After that AriGold and Nail will have from 8PM tomorrow (tuesday) until puck drop on Thursday.

It really is just me and AriGold2.0, and I have been informed by @Spoderman that I may skip my pick and allow Ari to draft and make my selection up after. 

SOrry I didn't get on here at 8am to say so, but I got tied up. I know the guy I would pick isn't a guy Ari would pick, at least I think so, and my original guy is getting healthier by the day, so I will take a chance...and....

@AriGold2.0 The Floor is Yours. I choose to skip for now and go second.

32 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

whew! dodged a bullet: he was second on my list, hehe

I will pick once I read the Lions final roster. I am clinging to a 2% chance my guy makes the team, heh

Wait, who is ahead of the 1st line 1st PP forward on the team projected to win ?? 

This I need to hear!

6 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Wait, who is ahead of the 1st line 1st PP forward on the team projected to win ?? 

This I need to hear!

You will find out in due time, hehehe...not long really: heading out to an event and will figure out if i need to pick and make it this evening or at 5:30am tomorrow. ; )

With regret I have to move on from Anton Lundell. It seems like this is not his WJC tournament, but I will be kicking myself if he is mysteriously added at the last second. I don't believe Finland would be that sneaky though, so I have to believe he is not healthy enough to play. Too bad for the Lions and too bad for me. 

I have set my sights on three replacements: a Finn, and two Yankees. One of those Yanks has been taken just a few posts earlier: so without any further delay:

Team Primal selects to replace A. Lundell, a strategic break from my norms, and I will pick the first of the two Americans on my depth chart, and spread away from Finland with this one, not because I don't think he will put up points but so as not to put so many eggs in just the one basket. 

Happy to have a Pete on board now anyways, had a buddy who was with Peterborough until a knee problem derailed his hockey dreams and he ended up in the army of all places, where the job of ruining his knees could be done by professionals. lol. But I digress...

Nick Robertson! Welcome to Team Primal/Team Sisu. haha. MOAR SISU  would be what I normally say but hrm...Go Joe? @AriGold2.0 time will tell us which one more accurately ranked them, hehe, I had Wahlstrom directly below him for points as it is more likely Wahlstrom will be playing against the best the opponents have available to ice, while I think Robertson is sneaky gooder for the 2nd line, perhaps 3rd?, and has after all 23 goals in 21 games. Not a PPG, a GPG average above 1.00

sneaky gooder, haha. 

Final Choice:NICK ROBERTSON

honourable mention a kid that so few have heard of it was almost a great idea..but he was third on my list. Aleks, is his name and I will make a point of pointing out his points the next two weeks, HAHA, but wanted to mention his name as I suspect he will breakout at this tourney.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

With regret I have to move on from Anton Lundell. It seems like this is not his WJC tournament, but I will be kicking myself if he is mysteriously added at the last second. I don't believe Finland would be that sneaky though, so I have to believe he is not healthy enough to play. Too bad for the Lions and too bad for me. 

I have set my sights on three replacements: a Finn, and two Yankees. One of those Yanks has been taken just a few posts earlier: so without any further delay:

Team Primal selects to replace A. Lundell, a strategic break from my norms, and I will pick the first of the two Americans on my depth chart, and spread away from Finland with this one, not because I don't think he will put up points but so as not to put so many eggs in just the one basket. 

Happy to have a Pete on board now anyways, had a buddy who was with Peterborough until a knee problem derailed his hockey dreams and he ended up in the army of all places, where the job of ruining his knees could be done by professionals. lol. But I digress...

Nick Robertson! Welcome to Team Primal/Team Sisu. haha. MOAR SISU  would be what I normally say but hrm...Go Joe? @AriGold2.0 time will tell us which one more accurately ranked them, hehe, I had Wahlstrom directly below him for points as it is more likely Wahlstrom will be playing against the best the opponents have available to ice, while I think Robertson is sneaky gooder for the 2nd line, perhaps 3rd?, and has after all 23 goals in 21 games. Not a PPG, a GPG average above 1.00

sneaky gooder, haha. 

Final Choice:NICK ROBERTSON

honourable mention a kid that so few have heard of it was almost a great idea..but he was third on my list. Aleks, is his name and I will make a point of pointing out his points the next two weeks, HAHA, but wanted to mention his name as I suspect he will breakout at this tourney.

I picked him very early, in their last prelim game GOAL CAUFIELD scored 4 goals with Robertson dishing him the apples. Hoping that's a good sign. USA look like medalists this year for sure. I'm surprised both Wahlstrom and Robertson were available after the draft...

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I picked him very early, in their last prelim game GOAL CAUFIELD scored 4 goals with Robertson dishing him the apples. Hoping that's a good sign. USA look like medalists this year for sure. I'm surprised both Wahlstrom and Robertson were available after the draft...

This is the “B” pool for a reason, not a whole lot of normal in here...

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I guess my new years resolution should be to try to say in 12 words or less what can be said in 4. WOuld cut down on my walls of text a lil eh?

I enjoy your rambling! Just thought it was funny you said that, then promptly went off again.

Edit:... not rambling... your thoroughness  ?

Edited by Art Vandelay

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

I enjoy your rambling! Just thought it was funny you said that, then promptly went off again.

Edit:... not rambling... your thoroughness  ?

No no, you were right the first time, LOL, I see it, i just can't stop it...hahaha.. Although in this one case I was making fun of myself by purposefully going on after I said ''without further ado" ... but as my wife tells me every day; I am not funny. 

C.S.: I think we were only allowed to redraft players who were booted out of their lineups. 

Edited by Primal Optimist