The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Pandemic [Game Over: Mafia wins]

Rate this topic

Aladeen

2 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Yes. Maybe.

But on the other hand, imagine what happens when I flip town. This round (R2) is wasted on lynching me and not hunting for any scum, the mafia get to infect someone else, and then next round (R3) the town wastes time lynching Ceres and not hunting for any scum, and the mafia again will likely get to infect someone else unless Ceres is PZ himself. (Or if we're thinking they only get one infection every two rounds, this still buys them time for that second infection while the town wastes its braincells on me/Ceres.)

The more I think about it, the more this is actually a clever play for the scum. AV's unexpected green check here may have mitigated some of it, but it's still a good position for the mafia to be in.

How do you know?

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

If we kill Master Radishes (TP, potentially special), the mafia will still shoot me (TP Special).

Then, you could vote Ceres (Mafia) in R3 but you would have no insight on his teammates and, uhh, you would have gone into R3 having knowingly killed two confirmed town-aligned players.

A vote for Ceres is a correct vote!

@falcon45ca

• Cheers 1

The Med Kit is an inanimate, moveable object in the game, assigned to a random player at the beginning of the game. This player will be protected from a kill (not a lynch) for that round's nightfall. However, he will need to pass on the Med Kit to someone else in the game afterward. Two names will need to given to the GM by the end of the round - one of those names given will be chosen at random and that player will be given the Kit once the new round begins. The original holder of the Med Kit will not know which player was chosen. The player given the Med Kit will not know who gave it to him. If one of the two players whose names are given is killed off that night, the second player will automatically receive the Med Kit. If both given names are killed, the Med Kit will be taken out of the game. If the holder of the Med Kit is lynched, the Med Kit will be taken out of the game. If the holder of the Med Kit forgets to submit two names, the Med Kit will be re-assigned randomly to another player in the game. The same player cannot receive the Med Kit more than once every three rounds.

B) 

So, this means falcon45ca would have the medkit and he should give it to me.

I don’t get it. If AV were going to fake sheriff claim as scum, why would he put forward a lie that could potentially incriminate a potential PZ teammate out of all the “fake investigations” that could be thought of? I don’t see the upside in making that move as mafia.

5 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don’t get it. If AV were going to fake sheriff claim as scum, why would he put forward a lie that could potentially incriminate a potential PZ teammate out of all the “fake investigations” that could be thought of? I don’t see the upside in making that move as mafia.

Too much WIFOM imo

There's also an outside chance PZ doesn't start with the infected people.