The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Skiing

BoKnows

I'm so excited about the season.  
My local hill is going outdoor only.  No lodge access.  
It will be interesting to see what the other nearby resorts do.  
I live in the BC interior, so the line ups are usually pretty tolerable and the powder is plentiful and dry.  Pretty pumped to see the snow fall so early already.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

I live in the BC interior, so the line ups are usually pretty tolerable and the powder is plentiful and dry.  Pretty pumped to see the snow fall so early already.  

I was ankle deep at big white a couple weeks ago.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

sounds like Cypress Mtn is going to do something similar as well. 

1 minute ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

The -25 C days are going to be interesting.  

are they forecasting that? whoa. 

We use nordic backcountry gear on and off resort so we stay pretty warm but thats going to be nippy. 

My family is trying to figure out where to go skiing this year.  Obviously the US is ruled out, and we’re going to avoid Quebec.  Going to avoid southern Ontario as well.  Right now looks like we’re gonna go to Ottawa.

5 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

If anyone ever gets a chance to go to California in the winter, Mammoth Mountain is the place to be at.

My coworker went skiing near Tahoe last year.  He said it was the best ski area he’s been to.

9 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

My coworker went skiing near Tahoe last year.  He said it was the best ski area he’s been to.

Tahoe’s nice. I like mammoth a bit more just cuz the resort is bigger and there is more area to cover. Perks of living in California is that you can go to the mountains and beach all in 1 day.

5 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Tahoe’s nice. I like mammoth a bit more just cuz the resort is bigger and there is more area to cover. Perks of living in California is that you can go to the mountains and beach all in 1 day.

Morning ski followed by 9 holes in the afternoon sounds like a good day to me.

15 hours ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Not all of the time, but oh yeah it gets cold up here! 

Layers save lives!

For our yearly trips were are trying to ski all the smaller nordic clubs in BC over the next few years, a few every year  The Cariboo one in your region is on the list down the road, sounds like we'll need to pack extra layers :P

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

For our yearly trips were are trying to ski all the smaller nordic clubs in BC over the next few years, a few every year  The Cariboo one in your region is on the list down the road, sounds like we'll need to pack extra layers :P

Very cool! The Cariboo Ski Touring Club at Hallis Lake is a gem! Really good track setting and really fun trails. Lots of them too. I spend lots of time out there. 

I was the backcountry ski director for the club for a few years. They maintain 4 tucked away cabins in the mountains out here for backcountry touring trips. Great area. I hope you get to make the trip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

All booked in for Christmas at Hudson Bay Mountain in Smithers!

First time.  Anyone ever been?

not yet but its on the list. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

The snow forecast is looking like its going to be a great year on the coast :)