The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

5 minutes ago, Dak Prescott said:

Just wondering, is there a reason we don’t have cap penalties for burying a player in the minors? 

Believe its due to our front office budget system. We have to allocate AHL salary funds which in turn impacts our ability to invest in our player relations, medical, and player development budgets. I'm not sure the reason why its in the front office budget but that is the system we have in place. If we were to remove it we would have to reduce the budget and adjust things according. I'm not 100% certain but I believe its a long standing rule in GML. One way we operate differently from other leagues I suppose! It would probably be unfair to implement it now if teams had planned accordingly with the current ruleset and allocated AHL salary for burying a contract. A 6M guy in the minors cuts into your ability to attract free agents and protect young player contracts with ELC slides. 

10 minutes ago, Dak Prescott said:

Just wondering, is there a reason we don’t have cap penalties for burying a player in the minors? 

What exactly do you mean by a cap penalty anyways?

Like, you only save $900,000 of salary but the rest still counts towards the cap? That type of thing?

7 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Thanks for clarifying that @canuck2xtreme !

There is also the issue that as our salary cap isn't just a static cap, it is calculated daily. So it would be a nightmare to try to code a cap penalty for the minors, as far as who it applies to and for which days, and track it daily, while integrating it into the system that's already in place.  It would be a massive headache for a very minor feature that I'd argue is unnecessary anyways.

• Like 1

I see it as the cap penalty is already there becuase you need to assign some number of millions of dollars to the minors to have salary down on the minors. THat salary money set aside for the minors reduces the ability to say use the best possible IR set up, or have UFA's really like your barn, as an example, sort of like a penalty of sorts, if you follow my line of thinking, hehe.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

To PHI:

small.png Frank Vatrano (50% salary retained by TOR thru 2021-22)
small.png TOR 2022 4th Round Draft Selection (previously acquired, conditions removed)

To TOR:

small.png Connor Corcoran

small.png PHI 2022 1st Round Draft Selection (Pick from Korpisalo trade, conditions removed and pick transferred)

small.png EDM 2021 3rd Round Draft Selection

With Vatrano gone we dont have many moves left to make. We have a few holes to fill via UFA and then we can see where our newly acquired young guys are at.

We feel very confident in our young guys and have 14 picks in the next 2 drafts now. Connor Corcoron is now the 3rd Connor (Zary/Ingram) we have acquired since I took over, and I am hoping @luckylager will eventually deal another Connor to me :P

We would like to thank @theo5789 for yet another deal, and wish Vatrano all the best in the city of brotherly love!

Screenshot_20201218-000742_Sheets.jpg.49f2b4ec1bddd810492dc54b675b56a7.jpg

Edited by Crabby
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Crabby said:

With Vatrano gone we dont have many moves left to make. We have a few holes to fill via UFA and then we can see where our newly acquired young guys are at.

We feel very confident in our young guys and have 13 or 14 picks in the next 2 drafts now. Connor Corcoron is now the 3rd Connor (Zary/Ingram) we have acquired since I took over, and I am hoping @luckylager will eventually deal another Connor to me :P

We would like to thank @theo5789 for yet another deal, and wish Vatrano all the best in the city of brotherly love!

We can keep talking on McDavid, but I guarantee you're paying out every orifice to get him.

It'll be ugly af, but you could potentially pry him away from me. 

A few GM's have been asking on Slavin.

I like Slavin and think he'll be playing a big role for us this season. This team is built to "win now" and I'll straight up refuse anything that doesn't actually improve my "now" position.

I suppose I'd sacrifice a few player points if a 1st is coming back, so please keep that in mind if you want to offer on Slavin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, luckylager said:

We can keep talking on McDavid, but I guarantee you're paying out every orifice to get him.

It'll be ugly af, but you could potentially pry him away from me. 

A few GM's have been asking on Slavin.

I like Slavin and think he'll be playing a big role for us this season. This team is built to "win now" and I'll straight up refuse anything that doesn't actually improve my "now" position.

I suppose I'd sacrifice a few player points if a 1st is coming back, so please keep that in mind if you want to offer on Slavin.

McDavid

For

Lowry

Hunt

Spongebob Squarepants Waiting GIF by swerk

...And a 2nd?

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, Crabby said:

McDavid

For

Lowry

Hunt

Spongebob Squarepants Waiting GIF by swerk

...And a 2nd?

Lafrenier, Crosby and all 16 picks you just posted.

Notice how the price keeps going up?

You shoulda just taken the Lafrenier+Crosby deal

Edited by luckylager
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Crabby said:

And Crosby is untouchable right now. May change if we aren't in playoff contention come TDL, but we need him to help transition our young guys.

However it will take a hell of a lot more than McDavid to get Crosby!

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

How about a shark with a frikkin laser beam for Crosby?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2