The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

For 2021 UFA’s?

For unsigned but qualified RFAs.

Past that point they become UFAs.

EDIT: I've had a one or two messages that this is "all of a sudden". But for the most part, we've had since March to handle these players.

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, snowflake said:

Waivers: Montreal places Henrik Lundqvist on waivers. 

Looks like he's not playing this year... You have term left on him, or just this year? Might be worth asking C2X if you can nix the contract? I suppose you can always bury him on IR at the very least and open up cap space in your minors ;)

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Looks like he's not playing this year... You have term left on him, or just this year? Might be worth asking C2X if you can nix the contract? I suppose you can always bury him on IR at the very least and open up cap space in your minors ;)

Does this mean Copley or Vanecek gets the backup role? :o

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I assume we won't be including taxi squads/expanded rosters here right (based on the rumours)? That seems like it'll be too complicated to implement.

Generally we try to keep as close to the actual NHL as possible... So I'm guessing the answer is 'we'll see'. Have to see what the league does first and likely make a decision on how easily we can implement as much of that as possible.

For the play-ins/offs, I believe (IIRC) we were allowed to present an expanded list of potential players but still had to whittle it down to an active 23. Perhaps we'll do something similar? For instance players that won't count against cap but also don't require waivers...

Wait and see though, you'll know when we know ;)

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That sucks. But thanks for the info! 

• Cheers 1

Also maybe interesting for  the Blues Goalie Squad.  Kahkonen could take advantage of this Situation . That would mean we could move Reimer. 

But we wont rush things yet . 

https://www.tsn.ca/minnesota-wild-sign-g-andrew-hammond-alex-stalock-out-indefinitely-1.1564936

The Minnesota Wild signed veteran goalie Andrew Hammond to a one-year, two-way contract on Wednesday and announced that goaltender Alex Stalock is out indefinitely with an upper-body injury.

Under the deal, Hammond will earn $700,000 at the NHL level and $200,000 at the AHL level.

The 32-year-old netminder has played a total of 56 games spread across five different seasons in the NHL. Fifty-five of those games were spent with the Ottawa Senators, while Hammond also played one game for the Colorado Avalanche during the 2017-18 campaign.

He owns a career save percentage of .923 and a goals-against average of 2.31 for his NHL career.

The Surrey, B.C., native spent last season with the AHL's Rochester Americans, posting a .908 save percentage of 2.53 GAA.

Stalock posted a 20-11-4 record this past season with a .910 save percentage and a 2.67 GAA. The 33-year-old started all four games during the team's play-in series against the Vancouver Canucks, finishing the series with a .897 save percentage and a 3.03 GAA. He is signed for another two seasons at a cap hit of $785,000.

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone

Looks to me that is an open and shut case of LTIR. Guessing he is done as an NHLer, but at the least, there is the IR system to look after that cap hit. 

ALso, Big Welcome to @falcon45ca. THis is most definately a long game. I would not rush to make even a single trade, and watch out for the sharks, this is the deep end of the pool, and folks will try to take advantage of your newness. I try to let every newer GM know that very few people will give you a gift here, so negotiate accordingly. 

Cheers,

P.O>

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Looks to me that is an open and shut case of LTIR. Guessing he is done as an NHLer, but at the least, there is the IR system to look after that cap hit. 

ALso, Big Welcome to @falcon45ca. THis is most definately a long game. I would not rush to make even a single trade, and watch out for the sharks, this is the deep end of the pool, and folks will try to take advantage of your newness. I try to let every newer GM know that very few people will give you a gift here, so negotiate accordingly. 

Cheers,

P.O>

Why didn't you give me this advice when I joined?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Why didn't you give me this advice when I joined?!

I thought I had, haha. I do say something similar every time. Although I had a spell there where i was rarely able to get online or pay attention when i was. SOrry for that. Psst: don't rush to make a trade...odds have shown new gm's will regret those early trades later. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I thought I had, haha. I do say something similar every time. Although I had a spell there where i was rarely able to get online or pay attention when i was. SOrry for that. Psst: don't rush to make a trade...odds have shown new gm's will regret those early trades later. 

Advice given after 73 trades later...

Too Late GIF by memecandy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2