The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

Just now, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To NJD - Darcy Kuemper, Dylan Gambrell

To VGK - Future Considerations

*Vegas receives WPG 2022 3rd Round Pick if Kuemper re-signs in New Jersey this year.*

Thank you to both Darcy and Dylan for their contributions to the organization.

I am hoping this trade does not come back to bite us in the butt (i.e. Arizona ends up making the playoffs), but we believe we are doing the right thing by giving both players an opportunity to go to New Jersey. We started the year with a goalie tandem of Darcy and Pavel Francouz, however injuries have allowed our #3 and 4 on the depth charts to quickly rise up and take over. The future of Vegas goaltending lies in the hands of Kaapo Kahkonen and Jake Oettinger and we believe this is the way we need to head now. This trade gives Darcy an extended opportunity to impress in New Jersey in hopes of receiving a new contract.

Dylan has spent the entire year in the NHL, however due to our forward depth has never received a callup. Going to New Jersey will give him the chance to receive more playing time, and receive a new contract at the conclusion of the year.

While we very easily could have held onto both players and benefitted from it, we believe setting this standard for other players within our organization will give us even greater benefits in the future.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Nail said:

To NJD - Darcy Kuemper, Dylan Gambrell

To VGK - Future Considerations

*Vegas receives WPG 2022 3rd Round Pick if Kuemper re-signs in New Jersey this year.*

NJ Is proud to welcome Darcy the Jersey Devil state. We look forward to speaking with Kuemper about a possible extension once the agent vacancy is officially filled. We believe Darcy would be the ideal starter for our franchise as we head into what we hope is a more competitive year. If Darcy can be extended we will leave Raanta open for Seattle if they desire to give him a chance. Dylan is a player I have had in junior had am a huge fan. He is a good young nhl'er on a team with ample opportunity. We will monitor how he does - he isn't untouchable but he does fit the profile of player we are hoping to add.

Thanks to @Nail for the swift and fair negotiations. 

14 hours ago, Nail said:

To CAR - Alec Martinez, Jake Allen, Justin Holl

To NYI - Mattias Ekholm, Mikko Koskinen, Nikita Nesterov, NJD 2021 2nd Round Pick, CAR 2021 2nd Round Pick

Carolina thanks the mod formerly known as Monty for the negotiations. We have talked a lot over the years, but rarely have we ever been able to come to terms on a deal. But this one worked out well for both sides.

I wanted to add another Vegas and Toronto player, and this was a way to do it and stay under the cap. I also didn't intend to trade Ekholm, as I suspected he would almost certainly be traded to a contender at the deadline...but Nashville's recent winning streak and rumours around him lead me to believe that they may wait until next year to do that. This trade ensures I have the playoff players this year to defend the Cup.

Also, swapping Koskinen for Allen frees up a retention spot, which should allow me to make another move by the deadline.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, ActionJax09 said:

Report: The Ottawa Senators are making the following following prospects available for trade:

Kenny Agostino

Cole Fonstad

Yegor Rykov

Jordan Sambrook

Tomas Jurco

Josh Wilkins

Beck Malenstyn

Any combination of these players can be had for a 4th round pick

New Jersey Devils: Young Players Shine Against Boston Bruins

NJ Lines at Practice as per Brad Cooper of NJ Times.

James van Riemsdyk - Dylan Larkin - Conor Sheary
Mikhail Grigorenko - Colin White - Danton Heinen

Max Jones - Dylan GambrellJosh Leivo

Kyle Clifford - Jay Beagle - Jayce Hawryluk

Jake McCabe - Nikita Zaitsev

Nikolai Knyzhov - Andrej Sekera

Ilya Lyubushkin - Yannick Weber

Antti Raanta
Curtis McElhinney

Spares: Nick Caamano, Travis Boyd, Nick Seeler
Injured Reserve: Darcy Keumper

Players in red are believed to be on the trade block. No player is truly untouchable but red are easier to acquire.

5 hours ago, Nail said:

Announcement:

@ActionJax09 has joined the agenting team. For now, please direct any 2019 or 2020 drafted prospect ELC signing requests to him. Make sure to specify if you want the contracts to start in the 2021-22 season or not.

Thank you!

Thanks AJ09! Stepping up to make all our gaming better! Much obliged to you. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Nail said:

To CHI - Kasimir Kaskisuo, Mark Pysyk, Matt Martin, Vinnie Hinostroza

To VAN - Givani Smith, Derek Grant, MacAuley Carson

Vancouver will never quit the playoff hunt, but this trade does make it feel as though the curtain is dropping on our streak of post season appearances. 2020 and the situation revolving around the global pandemic put a bit of a wrench in our plans, however the cap crunch last year led to a dramatic re-imagining of our Defensive Core, we pretty much undertook a standing rebuild in less than one calendar year and are just about emerging from that tunnel now. 278 points out of a playoff spot is tough to swallow, but I grew it, I can chew it. 

Givani Smith has been on our wish list for a little while now and an opportunity to pick him up wouldn't have been overlooked for long. The Vinnie Hinostroza experiment never panned out for us, but we made some recouping of the 2nd round pick in the subsequent deal for Varlamov from the Panthers, following on the heals of the Hinostroza deal with them. Moving Hino after he made a change in scenery the other day was tough, but fair return for Givani Smith and Co. 

Thank you Bomba for the days of discussion and finding a way to make this a pretty good hockey trade all in all, and our biggest deal since September 2020.

Irony would be now making up the almost 300 points, void of several playoff bound pieces. haha. Not likely though. I will take the miss this year, in hopes of being right back up there next year with a younger (avg age of the big club 26 years 10 months), faster, cheaper squad. Five of our 23 Canucks are Vancouver draftees too, which is nice to see. : )

Edited by Primal Optimist