The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Very nice statement by Brown. He definitely wasn't the problem on the coaching staff, since 2017 when Brown came back, Canucks have a top ten PP in the league. People can call it "stale" or "predictable" all they want but the results speak for themselves. This last season was an anomaly due to the horrendous schedule caused by COVID.

I'm just hoping Green is open to listening to any system changes that Shaw suggests, I think that is going to be key in improving this team and Shaw is a good choice help in our biggest areas of need. I also hope Baumer was only kept because the players like him and his entire role now consists of simply helping the players work on learning the new defensive system that Shaw implements instead of actually composing the defensive system and leading the D core in practice.

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Very nice statement by Brown. He definitely wasn't the problem on the coaching staff, since 2017 when Brown came back, Canucks have a top ten PP in the league. People can call it "stale" or "predictable" all they want but the results speak for themselves. This last season was an anomaly due to the horrendous schedule caused by COVID.

I'm just hoping Green is open to listening to any system changes that Shaw suggests, I think that is going to be key in improving this team and Shaw is a good choice help in our biggest areas of need. I also hope Baumer was only kept because the players like him and his entire role now consists of simply helping the players work on learning the new defensive system that Shaw implements instead of actually composing the defensive system and leading the D core in practice.

that just sounds so backwards

you hope the old head coach and the old assistant coach will listen to the new guy

Does that actually make sense to you?

10 minutes ago, lmm said:

that just sounds so backwards

you hope the old head coach and the old assistant coach will listen to the new guy

Does that actually make sense to you?

Thats why you bring in a fresh voice, otherwise what's the point of bringing in anyone new?

And yes Shaw deserves a more important position in the coaching staff than Baumer, Shaw has been an NHL coach for 16 years compared to Baumers 4 years and Shaw has a far better track record at coaching top defensive systems.

• Cheers 1