Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I love Quinn Hughes. I just dont think he is perfect.

No humans are.

 

Which is why it's impossible to draft up the "perfect line up".  People need to use reality in their assessments and keep that in mind...that "on paper" is just that.  Rose coloured glasses are worn when penciling in the perfect players like it's EA NHL that they're running.  You can't just produce a list of what needs to be acquired then fill it and it's a guarantee.  The human element of "not being perfect" applies to all players, not just Quinn.  

 

So in determining what the Canucks need/don't need....that's an important element in it all.

 

Coaches learn about individuals on the fly and sometimes they don't produce as expected.  Sometimes they exceed expectations. Doesn't mean they never will show something different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No humans are.

 

Which is why it's impossible to draft up the "perfect line up".  People need to use reality in their assessments and keep that in mind...that "on paper" is just that.  Rose coloured glasses are worn when penciling in the perfect players like it's EA NHL that they're running.

 

Coaches learn about individuals on the fly and sometimes they don't produce as expected.  Doesn't mean they never will.

So whats wrong with people giving their opinions on what those players need to do to improve?

 

You can say a lot about me but "not being realistic" is not one of them. I see the strengths and weaknesses in players. I dont suggest their weaknesses are lessened simply because they are a Canuck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pickly said:

No, but in reality a good portion of guys in the league are doing blow. 

In who's reality?  Yours? Source? 

 

You can't just say $&!# like that and it makes it real, Trumpism 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tas said:

you really can't see the difference between "I would be shocked if any of them did this, with the possible exception of virtanen" (as in I wouldn't be as shocked to find out jake did it, not suggesting that jake might be a cokehead) and you stating that you guarantee some players on the canucks use cocaine. you REALLY think those are equivalent?

 

edit: sorry @debluvscanucks I'm done now. 

I wouldnt be shocked if I found out any Canucks player did it tbh.

 

Because drug use isnt always an outcome of being a low character person. Anyone can have a drug problem or use them recreationally.

 

That doesnt mean anyone on the Canucks does or doesnt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I wouldnt be shocked if I found out any Canucks player did it tbh.

 

Because drug use isnt always an outcome of being a low character person. Anyone can have a drug problem or use them recreationally.

 

That doesnt mean anyone on the Canucks does or doesnt.

Quit playing games.  Last "friendly" warning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, the conversation needs to go back on topic now.  

 

Warnings will be issued for anyone dragging that (coke) crap along any further.    Done.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tas said:

c'mon deb, in the good ol' days you were throwing warning points at me every other week anyway. :P

This is the kinder, gentler me.

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is the kinder, gentler me.

as a quick aside without wanting to further derail the topic, I just read my old warnings for s's and g's, and it's interesting to see how I've changed, too. back pre-2014, which is shockingly the most recent one I think, I was far more on the @wallstreetamigoside of things, far more critical of the team.

 

I'd like to think it's because my expectations scale based on where the team is at in their development, but there's a good chance I just view myself as an antagonistic voice of reason.

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tas said:

as a quick aside without wanting to further derail the topic, I just read my old warnings for s's and g's, and it's interesting to see how I've changed, too. back pre-2014, which is shockingly the most recent one I think, I was far more on the @wallstreetamigoside of things, far more critical of the team.

 

I'd like to think it's because my expectations scale based on where the team is at in their development, but there's a good chance I just view myself as an antagonistic voice of reason.

 

We all mellow with age.

 

:)

  • Huggy Bear 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tas said:

as a quick aside without wanting to further derail the topic, I just read my old warnings for s's and g's, and it's interesting to see how I've changed, too. back pre-2014, which is shockingly the most recent one I think, I was far more on the @wallstreetamigoside of things, far more critical of the team.

 

I'd like to think it's because my expectations scale based on where the team is at in their development, but there's a good chance I just view myself as an antagonistic voice of reason.

 

I am viewed as a hater. I personally dont think criticizing is hating but others can see me how they want to.

 

The truth is, I find talking about issues the team has, what I think they need to do to improve, and being realistically critical far more interesting than simply pretending everything is perfect. To me that is boring.

 

I also find many responses I get are thought provoking, make me consider a different side, and interest me as far as a discussion goes far more than simply agreeing the Canucks are perfect as is or make excuses why they had no opportunity to be better than they are individually or as a team.

 

If you guys knew me irl you would totally understand why I look at things through the lens I do. But you dont so if you need to see me as a hater thats ok. I can tell you it has nothing to do with that.

 

I dislike alot of how the Canucks have done things. But I dont hate the Canucks, or Benning, or anyone else involved with the team. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tas said:

as a quick aside without wanting to further derail the topic, I just read my old warnings for s's and g's, and it's interesting to see how I've changed, too. back pre-2014, which is shockingly the most recent one I think, I was far more on the @wallstreetamigoside of things, far more critical of the team.

 

I'd like to think it's because my expectations scale based on where the team is at in their development, but there's a good chance I just view myself as an antagonistic voice of reason.

 

I just looked. It looks like I have received one warning in my entire time on cdc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am viewed as a hater. I personally dont think criticizing is hating but others can see me how they want to.

 

The truth is, I find talking about issues the team has, what I think they need to do to improve, and being realistically critical far more interesting than simply pretending everything is perfect. To me that is boring.

 

I also find many responses I get are thought provoking, make me consider a different side, and interest me as far as a discussion goes far more than simply agreeing the Canucks are perfect as is or make excuses why they had no opportunity to be better than they are individually or as a team.

 

If you guys knew me irl you would totally understand why I look at things through the lens I do. But you dont so if you need to see me as a hater thats ok. I can tell you it has nothing to do with that.

 

I dislike alot of how the Canucks have done things. But I dont hate the Canucks, or Benning, or anyone else involved with the team. 

When you say hughes plays the worst defense in the league i dunno if thats what u call just “criticizing”

 

especially when edler is on the same team lol

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

When you say hughes plays the worst defense in the league i dunno if thats what u call just “criticizing”

 

especially when edler is on the same team lol

Edler doesnt play bad defense. He just plays good defense with half the footspeed and reaction time.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...