The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst nickname ever!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 8:46 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

I was just looking at some lists of worst hockey nicknames ever and came to the conclusion that IMHO it has to be Huggy Bear.

Sounds like he’s wearing diapers, at the very least makes the opposition laugh, terrible, terrible nick name.

Sad thing is it also reflects our soft, fun to play against style, maybe when he and the team finally gets some toughness we can call him Grizzly.

I also suggest Kermit for Travis’ nickname.

Actually, that was my first reaction, all I could do was think, that's the dumbest nickname I've ever heard in any sport.. I actually thought it was a joke or something. Seriously I did...

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 7/13/2021 at 10:59 PM, iceman64 said:

Actually, that was my first reaction, all I could do was think, that's the dumbest nickname I've ever heard in any sport.. I actually thought it was a joke or something. Seriously I did...

When I coached soccer my girlfriend at the time said something to me and one of my players misheard and thought what he heard would be a good nickname for me. I’m not going to say what it was but he thought it was cute and along the lines of soft like huggy bear. I quickly told him if anyone ever called me that his new and permanent nickname would be “water boy”.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Original Canuck, Ed 'sock' Hatoum.

No wait, that's the best. 

Sock it to ‘em, beats bear hugging the opponents.

Definition of bear hug

: a strong and rough hug : an act of showing affection by putting your arms around someone and squeezing very tightly.