The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where’s the season prediction thread?

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

@Dumb Nuck May the best team win!   Oh, is there a minimum # of people that need to vote for the 75%?  And if you do get voted to be banned for a year.  The $100 for breaking the rules is still valid too right?

OK, here are the rules of the bet:

We are betting which team finishes the 2021/22 full season with the most points.

If they are tied the bet is a wash.

If a full schedule of games is not played by either team the bet is a wash.

If the Kraken finish with more points then the Canucks then at any time from when the Canucks mathematically cannot catch the Kraken to the beginning of the playoffs you must donate $50 to Canucks Place and post a copy of the receipt in this thread.

If the Canucks finish with more points then the Kraken then at seasons end I will start a thread/poll asking whether CDC members would like to see me refrain from posting for a full year. The wording of the poll must be strictly to the point and the option may be either "yes" or "no"

The poll will run til the beginning of the SCF (The second the first game of the final is played the poll is closed) an if 75% or more CDC member that voted (no minimum) voted "yes" commencing the day after the 2021/22 playoffs I will stop posting until the conclusion of  2022/23 playoffs. (I may start posting right after the final whistle of the last game)

If I do post at any time prior I will donate $100 to Canucks Place and post a copy of the receipt in this thread.

If you agree to these rules quote this post and accept the bet, If I'm missing something let me know and I'll make the change(s).

Edited by Dumb Nuck

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

OK, here are the rules of the bet:

We are betting which team finishes the 2021/22 full season with the most points.

If the Kraken finish with more points then the Canucks then at any time from when the Canucks mathematically cannot catch the Kraken to the beginning of the playoffs you must donate $50 to Canucks Place and post a copy of the receipt in this thread.

If the Canucks finish with more points then the Kraken then at seasons end you will start a thread/poll asking whether CDC members would like to see me refrain from posting for a full year. The wording of the poll must be strictly to the point and the option may be either "yes" or "no"

If 75% or more CDC members vote "yes" commencing the day after the 2021/22 playoffs I will stop posting until the conclusion of  2022/23 playoffs. (I may start posting right after the final whistle of the last game)

If I do post at any time prior I will donate $100 to Canucks Place and post a copy of the receipt in this thread.

If you agree to these rules quote this post and accept the bet, If I'm missing something let me know and I'll make the change(s).

When did me donating $50 come into this?  I thought I was agreeing to the 1 year no posting either.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:02 AM, Dumb Nuck said:

Meh, I’d rather donate. You don’t post much so it really not a big deal for you, if I stop Green may just stick around longer and I’ll never live to see a Cup.

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

When did me donating $50 come into this?  I thought I was agreeing to the 1 year no posting either.

Yesterday I posted the above.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Yesterday I posted the above.

Just because I don't post as much doesn't mean it's not a big deal, apparently I have a better rep per post than you do.  So doesn't it mean that I add more to the conversations than you do?  Just that I don't do it as often because of your 1000+ posts of Fire Green.

Just now, Viper007 said:

Just because I don't post as much doesn't mean it's not a big deal, apparently I have a better rep per post than you do.  So doesn't it mean that I add more to the conversations than you do?  Just that I don't do it as often because of your 1000+ posts of Fire Green.

I just read what I posted later,must have been drinking, give me a minute, Ill redo the rules.

• Cheers 1

OK, here are the updated rules of the bet:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Kraken finish with more points than the Canucks then commencing the day after the 2021/22 playoffs you will stop posting until the conclusion of  2022/23 playoffs. (you may start posting right after the final whistle of the last SCF game). If you lose the bet you are automatically not allowed to post, there is no vote.

If you do post at any time prior you will donate $100 to Canucks Place and post a copy of the receipt in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Canucks finish with more points then the Kraken then at seasons end I will start a thread/poll asking whether CDC members would like to see me refrain from posting for a full year. The wording of the poll must be strictly to the point and the option may be either "yes" or "no"

The poll will run til the beginning of the SCF (The second the first game of the final is played the poll is closed) an if 75% or more CDC member that voted (no minimum) voted "yes" commencing the day after the 2021/22 playoffs I will stop posting until the conclusion of  2022/23 playoffs. (I may start posting right after the final whistle of the last SCF game)

45 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If the Kraken finish with more points than the Canucks then commencing the day after the 2021/22 playoffs you will stop posting until the conclusion of  2022/23 playoffs. (you may start posting right after the final whistle of the last SCF game). If you lose the bet you are automatically not allowed to post, there is no vote.

If you do post at any time prior you will donate $100 to Canucks Place and post a copy of the receipt in this thread.

The poll will run til the beginning of the SCF (The second the first game of the final is played the poll is closed) an if 75% or more CDC member that voted (no minimum) voted "yes" commencing the day after the 2021/22 playoffs I will stop posting until the conclusion of  2022/23 playoffs. (I may start posting right after the final whistle of the last SCF game)

I Accept!  May the best team win!!  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Oh I think you forgot about the $50 dollars if you don't get less than the 75%.  Need some punishment if you lose and get that 75%.

36 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Oh I think you forgot about the $50 dollars if you don't get less than the 75%.  Need some punishment if you lose and get that 75%.

Then I’m banned for a year. I proposed the $50 as a buyout of my punishment so I could post which you did not like.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Then I’m banned for a year. I proposed the $50 as a buyout of my punishment so I could post which you did not like.

No if you don't get the 75% needed to have you not post a year, there's no punishment.  So we need something.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

Not chicken, just not stupid, that’s just a dumb bet, at least my way sick children would benefit, you’re the one backing down. I enjoy posting on his forum, especially game nights when I’ve been drinking and sympathy sex is looming and I’m tired. 

My bet benefits sick children, your bet could potentially deprive CDC of my wit and humour.

Being a good sport, I propose this as an alternative, as I’m 10x more active than you, you lose, you’re gone for for one year, I lose a vote thread will be created, if 75% vote ban I’ll leave for a year, if less than that, I donate $50 and get to keep posting.

If you lose I’ll even give you the option to buy out your ban for $50.

The people will decide.

My prediction record is not good, I predicted Canucks would finish second last in division last year.

Also you not posting for a year has zero benefit to me, why would I make a bet where there is nothing in it for me? 

Take the bet of not being able to post for a year, AND you have to donate $50 regardless. Keep the stakes high. I'd buy a ticket.

2 hours ago, awalk said:

Take the bet of not being able to post for a year, AND you have to donate $50 regardless. Keep the stakes high. I'd buy a ticket.

I think they’re high enough as it is. The only person I can see not voting for me to be banned would be Deb.

18 hours ago, Viper007 said:

No if you don't get the 75% needed to have you not post a year, there's no punishment.  So we need something.

I’m staying with the way the bet sits now, if you want out let me know, if it’s still on let me know.

26 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m staying with the way the bet sits now, if you want out let me know, if it’s still on let me know.

Bet is still on.  I don't think we can post polls on users though.  Might have to do it in the general discussion page.  Unless a mod allows it.

3 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Bet is still on.  I don't think we can post polls on users though.  Might have to do it in the general discussion page.  Unless a mod allows it.

Sounds good, just reference the bet and it’ll be Canuck related.

On 7/17/2021 at 5:00 AM, Dumb Nuck said:

Here’s the bet if you’re up for it.

1) we are betting on which team finishes with the most points next season, I have the Kraken, you have the Canucks, if it’s a tie the bet is a wash, if for some reason the season isn’t completed like 2020 it’s a wash.

2) if there is a loser that person must stop posting the day after the 2022 Stanley Cup is won and can’t post until the day after the 2023 Stanley Cup is won.

3) if you lose and post and get caught you must donate $100 to Canucks Place after which you will be free to post again. (You must post a screen shot of your receipt)

4) if you chose, on the first day, and only on the first day of your ban you may, in lieu of the ban donate $50 to Canucks Place and that will be time served. (You must post a screen shot of your receipt)

If you’re still sure I’m so wrong quote me and accept my bet and it’ll be game on, just be prepared to pay up, nothing worse than cheating little kids.

First off weak.   Shouldn't get off the hook with $50-100 to Canucks Place.   Make it 5-10k or no posting for the year, where are the balls man? 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:02 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

Meh, I’d rather donate. You don’t post much so it really not a big deal for you, if I stop Green may just stick around longer and I’ll never live to see a Cup.

Second off please pay the money because without your good luck in the bubble the fire green campaign (he added LE to the Horvat line and we won five games in a row) i doubt we'd have made it last St. Louis.     Plus it makes me laugh at least.  

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...