The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where’s the season prediction thread?

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

2 hours ago, Viper007 said:

@Dumb Nuck How you liking your chances now, since you know what the team will look like (pretty much).

Unless they change our name I’m feeling good. Should they turf the orca jerseys but keep our name I might get a bit worried. Should they can Green before the season starts I’ll concede and start my punishment immediately.

Outside of this place I'm pretty much seeing 50/50 odds on whether we make it or not. On the general HF boards most people have us in the middle in terms of Canadian teams, ranging anywhere from 3rd best to 2nd worst.

At the end of the day it all rides on the blueline. A lot is going to have to go right for us to have a good chance. OEL will have to prove that he can be the guy from a few seasons ago/in the bubble consistently, Hughes will have to shore up his defensive game, Poolman will have to show that he's worth his contract, and one of Rathbone/Juolevi will have to take the next step. 

Under a new defensive system all of this should be possible, but is it probable? I'm skeptical. Just crossing my fingers at this point. 

But hey, if it all works out we should be pretty damn good. Optimism!!