The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

There it is . Yep, now let's say those numbers aren't people's loved ones . It goes from these are the numbers and I'm going to die , to, well no these are the numbers and I probably won't,  to,  well that very small minority doesn't matter to you does it . It's response vrs actual risk . 

If u want to talk about death vrs response, let me tell you about the 8 close friends that have died from the opioid crisis. Do they matter ? Where is their level of response to the same degree ? And don't quite me a rinky dink 1000 bed promise.  Most people with these serious issues wait  ( mental as well)  well beyond their ability to wait 

Would love to post their pictures but I won't.  These are close friends,  most on one year wait lists for mental heath for programs like DBT , and died because they couldn't handle nkt being able to get help in time , or on 3 month wait lists for treatment.  

When I look at the resources for this spent,  I am disgusted in comparison 

Just now, cuporbust said:

So..... Thanks for the input. U can take off anytime now.  Got it.  Thanks . 

You don't get to argue with someone else and put my words in their mouth and act like I'm the one who is being combative.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

You don't get to argue with someone else and put my words in their mouth and act like I'm the one who is being combative.

I'm assuming most of the vaccinated people are not feeling well represented reading through ur posts partner.  I'm pretty sure an intelligent convo is not going to happen here, so ill just agree. 

Yep, I'm surely going to die if I don't get vaccinated . Got it. Don't think there is much left for us to talk about here 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

I'm assuming most of the vaccinated people are not feeling well represented reading through ur posts partner.  I'm pretty sure an intelligent convo is not going to happen here, so ill just agree. 

Yep, I'm surely going to die if I don't get vaccinated . Got it. Don't think there is much left for us to talk about here 

How ironic.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm sure there are many more things of concern people are going to be monitoring with the mRNA tech in particular. But I don't see the concerns you've posted so far as having enough weight not to act, and do what our gov'ts have done so far.

I see far bigger issues with the people that refuse vaccinations, and also try to insert themselves into public settings. Those people are far more of an immediate danger. 

This is simple math off government info. This risk is apparently worse than mental heath . 

That's death/ cases since July 

Second adds the last month.

Has this actually registered with any of you? Like really registered.  This is the biggest issue of our current society? This is what we should be focusing on ? Really 

Screenshot_20210822-213308_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-213437_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-213635_Messenger.jpg

Edited by cuporbust

25 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Stop feeding the trolls guys.  Not worth the time

Says the person with absolutely zero input of substance.  Well thought out post with lots for me to think about . 

This is the problem.  Most don't even know why they believe what they believe 

It's just , " he look guys , what an idiot,  right ......right ? "

Enlighten me 

Edited by cuporbust

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

1.18% death rate 

Down to % 1.12 overall 

last month had a % .17  death rate 

Yes , that decimal 17 , not 17

Are you serious? Lol

Not entirely sure if u are comprehending that. 

This is from a covid 19 " survivor " , if u can call it that lol

The case fatality rate is actually just over 2%.  

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

The case fatality rate is actually just over 2%.  

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

Do the math. Even if ur right,  u just said 2%. 2%! 

Everyone here claps when someone mentions support for mental health. It takes on average a full year for someone with the highest risk of suicide ( borderline personality disorder for example) , to get into a DBT program.  Most are also struggling with addiction issues to mediacte . Any clue how long a year is for someone that can't imagine one more day without support? It's usually 3 months for addiction support,  and they are so overwhelmed,  they defer to group therapy that barely puts a bandaid on most of the gaping wounds before sending them back out .

But covid 19 is worth putting them in the back seat? That's just one mental health diagnosis that can't realistically get help . 

Edited by cuporbust
  • RoughGame 1

Everyone here claps when someone mentions support for mental health. It takes on average a full year for someone with the highest risk of suicide ( borderline personality disorder for example) , to get into a DBT program.  Most are also struggling with addiction issues to mediacte . 

But covid 19 is worth putting them in the back seat? That's just one mental health diagnosis that can't realistically get help . 

If your addiction infected 5 other people around you and caused them to become addicts, and each of those 5 infected 5 more etc etc  there might be a correlation.

No one has put the opioid crisis on the back burner in any way.  They're actively working on it every day

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5986215

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Everyone here claps when someone mentions support for mental health. It takes on average a full year for someone with the highest risk of suicide ( borderline personality disorder for example) , to get into a DBT program.  Most are also struggling with addiction issues to mediacte . 

For the record, 2% of the population of Canada is 800 000ish people.  

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

If your addiction infected 5 other people around you and caused them to become addicts, and each of those 5 infected 5 more etc etc  there might be a correlation.

No one has put the opioid crisis on the back burner in any way.  They're actively working on it every day

Yeah , but that's not the real numbers . Of all those u quote, 98% survive , but this is the galrring issue of our time right?.

Mental health isn't the person's fault,  but addiction is so who cares about them. Reality is most people dying of addiction have a mental heath issue that apparently not their fault. 

But ya , covid 19 is what we should be focused on 

• RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Do personally  know more people that have been severely effected by covid 19 , or mental health?  I'm not taking about ur co workers second cousins aunt. You won't answer honestly 

Edited by cuporbust
  • RoughGame 1

Yeah , but that's not the real numbers . Of all those u quote, 98% survive , but this is the galrring issue of our time right?.

Mental health isn't the person's fault,  but addiction is so who cares about them. Reality is most people dying of addiction have a mental heath issue that apparently not their fault. 

But ya , covid 19 is what we should be focused on 

You seem to think that people can only focus on one thing at a time.  They are actively trying to solve the opioid crisis.......whether they're effective or not is moot.

A 2% case mortality rate is actually quite prolific........and that's not accounting for the long term effects of the virus with long covid.

• Cheers 2