The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) NYR-Van

A while ago I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that the NYR had expressed interest in Horvat and offered up Buchnevich which was turned down by JB.

I believe I already posted this in another thread but wanted to throw it out there for debate.

Bo Horvat to NYR for Braden Schneider, 2022 unprotected 1st rnd pick, and Filip Chytl.

Imo, our blueline needs to be rebuilt and it begins with this move.

The Rangers are solid on the blueline and can afford to give up a defensive prospect. Braden Schneider is said to be a beast of a dman. Strong, Physical, responsible, and has put up points at every level he's played at so far. That being said, he is still a prospect and has a lot to prove yet.

Filip Chytl is a good forward who has yet to meet his full potential. As of right now he is in the, versitile, depth forward category with potential for more.

We also get a first round pick in a deep draft to further add to the odds we get, at least, one top-six/top-four player. Having two first round picks in one draft is never a bad thing.

As it stands, for me, Braden Schneider is the center piece coming back. I believe he's going to be a top-four dman who, in the future, could find himself on a top pairing with Hughes. He's still a couple years away which also buys time to get to the end of the Myers contract.

Bo Horvat is a big loss and it feels more personal but, as a believer in building from the net out, it is a price I'd be willing to pay.

• Wat 1

How do you pronounce Chytl?

My guess is it is an sh sound at the start which makes sense because I Chytled a bit when I read this trade. No way I trade Horvat for an untested prosepct who has played zero NHL games.

• Upvote 1