The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

The Rags are far behind the Yankmees, Mets, Giants, Knicks in popularity. The Canucks are the only show in town in Vancouver, so not an easy sell.

New York 8,400,000 people

Vancouver 675,218 people

Different paradigm. Rangers fans are as rabid if not more. 

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

The Rags are far behind the Yankmees, Mets, Giants, Knicks in popularity. The Canucks are the only show in town in Vancouver, so not an easy sell.

In my mind that means fans here are smart enough to understand that short term pain is necessary to build a true contender. I know the perception is that we've been rebuilding for the last 7 years, but the truth is we've never gone through a true no shortcuts rebuild.

12 hours ago, Me_ said:

Would’ve been nice.

That Juolevi pick hurt bad. And I knew it would. It was the abnormal year where Finland won gold. 

Did anyone determine who it was that “will never make it” because that player is addicted to gaming? That was never resolved…

33B55F01-E3D6-4BB3-A4A6-7209C5E5846B.jpeg

If he couldn’t stick with the Canucks, he definitely won’t stick with Florida.

Or perhaps we trade back for him and give him another chance?

Ah, the anonymous video game addict. Who knows, but Juolevi is the only player on Florida's roster without a tan. Hmmm. 

Edited by rekker
  • Haha 2

On 2/13/2022 at 12:32 PM, Shayster007 said:

His teammates also respected the crap out of him. Tkachuk has litterally made headlines for the exact opposite within his team. I bet you think Marchand is a pretty great dude too eh?

If his teammates didnt respect him then he would have never been given an 'A' , especially while Giordano was captain.

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

https://nhltradetalk.com/matthew-tkachuk-flames-temmates-at-odds/

Was referring to this. Defend Tkachuk all you want, I've seen enough to draw a conclusion.

Woah the media got a snippet of reaction from a teammate or two, wrote an article about it and you are sold, just like that?   

Are you easily manipulated by the media often?  

1 minute ago, Kovalchuk said:

Woah the media got a snippet of reaction from a teammate or two, wrote an article about it and you are sold, just like that?   

Are you easily manipulated by the media often?  

Lol, says the guy who plays a feature role in the convoy thread. Man, your opinion means less then nothing to me.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Lol, says the guy who plays a feature role in the convoy thread. Man, your opinion means less then nothing to me.

The media trashes the convoy,  wouldn't I be on your side if I was easily manipulated by the media?   And I left like 3 or 4 comments in that thread I think, I'm a feature over there?  That's sad