The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Must watch for Canucks fans

Rate this topic

MaxVerstappen33

It just goes to show that hockey is not all about skill.

You gotta commit to playing 200 ft game consistently.

If you have a defensive hole on the team, other teams are going to exploit that hole over and over again. Those star players, while they scored regularly, they were blackholes when it came to defensive side of things. When the puck's turned over, they just watch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

This video, especially the last 2 parts, really shows what might have happened to this team. And how unpredictable constructing a hockey team can be.:huh:

no text

Edited by Patel Bure
Was going to make a tasteless joke but have decided against it.

I was aware of teams struggling after making trades but I assumed it had something to do with the piece going out and stuff. But man this is scary.

You can make what looks like a perfect hockey trade on paper, yet it can go kaboom in your face. I understand why Jim Benning thought this team would be good. He made some decent hockey trades. Hell, I still agree with him that it should be able to perform good.

This is also a cautionary tale for star players who are on the trading block. There was something about Hall, Droiun and Duchane. There's a reason why those players were available and not RNH or Landeskog.

5 hours ago, khay said:

It just goes to show that hockey is not all about skill.

You gotta commit to playing 200 ft game consistently.

If you have a defensive hole on the team, other teams are going to exploit that hole over and over again. Those star players, while they scored regularly, they were blackholes when it came to defensive side of things. When the puck's turned over, they just watch.

Thats why teams with players drafted thru chl win cups.  Look at the tampa bay roster, look at the blues.  Best complete players that show up when it matters.