The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Wild-Canucks

JM_

Rathbone and a 4th for

Greenway and a 2nd.

Why? Greenway bulks up our bottom 6 nicely and is a guy who's shown he's capable of making a difference. Has had consistency issues, and Minni needs to shed salary.

Rathone is also a Judd Brackett pick, so he's likely high on him. Minni needs cheap players with their buyout cap crunch situation.

Picks to balance out the value a bit more.

Edited by JM_
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

just can't seem that, Brackett would never go for losing the 1st.

Don’t see them giving up a 2nd either.   Teams are still obsessed with size so there will likely be some interest.  

I think Guerin only traded 1 pick - a conditional 7th for Bjugstad which they ended up keeping as the conditions weren’t met.  They moved a 4th in the Kunin deal but got a high 2nd and a 3rd in return.  

Just now, mll said:

Don’t see them giving up a 2nd either.   Teams are still obsessed with size so there will likely be some interest.  

I think Guerin only traded 1 pick - a conditional 7th for Bjugstad which they ended up keeping as the conditions weren’t met.  They moved a 4th in the Kunin deal but got a high 2nd and a 3rd in return.  

Do you think Rathbone for Greenway 1:1 is fair value tho?

15 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Rathbone and a 4th for

Greenway and a 2nd.

Why? Greenway bulks up our bottom 6 nicely and is a guy who's shown he's capable of making a difference. Has had consistency issues, and Minni needs to shed salary.

Rathone is also a Judd Brackett pick, so he's likely high on him. Minni needs cheap players with their buyout cap crunch situation.

I think that works Jim, but I am not sure that if I am moving Rathbone, I am not using him to acquire that RHD

Not that Greenway isn't a nice player to have

• Cheers 1

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

I think that works Jim, but I am not sure that if I am moving Rathbone, I am not using him to acquire that RHD

Not that Greenway isn't a nice player to have

my spidey sense is we'd only get back a project RHD, given that JR is still pretty unproven. I do think Judd would still have a lot of interest in him, given that he was apparently a big part of picking him, connections, etc.

Its going to cost us to bulk up, and Greenway doesn't have guaranteed plug written on him.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Do you think Rathbone for Greenway 1:1 is fair value tho?

I’d peg Greenway’s value around a 2nd round pick.  Donato got a 3rd and Greenway should be worth more.

I have trouble valuing Rathbone but not sure I’d have him quite at a 2nd round pick level with the work he needs on D.  He will be RFA but shouldn’t get much of an increase and remains waiver free and they can still send him to the AHL to develop further which helps value wise.

Guess it all depends on how much Brackett likes Rathbone.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

I’d peg Greenway’s value around a 2nd round pick.  Donato got a 3rd and Greenway should be worth more.

I have trouble valuing Rathbone but not sure I’d have him quite at a 2nd round pick level with the work he needs on D.  He will be RFA but shouldn’t get much of an increase and remains waiver free and they can still send him to the AHL to develop further which helps value wise.

Guess it all depends on how much Brackett likes Rathbone.  

He does have a nice puck moving skill set, and you have to wonder if Minni is going to re-sign Dumba, if not then they might go for a 1:1 deal.

59 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Rathbone and a 4th for

Greenway and a 2nd.

I'd love to see that but I can't see the Wild going for that.   Wild are in 'win now' mode so I can't see them taking a guy that won't help them much at current.  

It's Lammiko for Erikss0n-Ek or bust as far as I'm concerned.  

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

He does have a nice puck moving skill set, and you have to wonder if Minni is going to re-sign Dumba, if not then they might go for a 1:1 deal.

Dumba’s replacement would be Addison who is also a RD.  Guerin held out on the Zucker trade till Rutherford included him in the deal.

Spurgeon is currently playing with Goligoski on the left. They apparently have an understanding to bring him back next season at a lower cap hit. They couldn’t do a multi year deal because of their cap situation so have increased this year’s deal.  Guerin doesn’t believe in rushing prospects.  So being waiver free would give Rathbone time to develop further.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I'd love to see that but I can't see the Wild going for that.   Wild are in 'win now' mode so I can't see them taking a guy that won't help them much at current.  

they might go for it if its on the table now tho, vs. this summer when we're not as motivated or potentially have free agency or the draft to make deals.

Minni is really going to need good prospects, JR fits the bill in a number of ways.

14 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

They are not really in win now mode.  They want to compete but know that their roster has holes and that they’d be in trouble in a deep playoff run.  The Wild don’t want to simply participate in the playoffs.  Done that already and ownership is fed up of participation ribbons.  The mandate is to build an elite contender that can challenge for the Cup for multiple years.

Erikss0nEk is unavailable - he’s a key building block and someone they see as essential in their pursuit of a Cup.  

26 minutes ago, mll said:

They are not really in win now mode.  They want to compete but know that their roster has holes and that they’d be in trouble in a deep playoff run.  The Wild don’t want to simply participate in the playoffs.  Done that already and ownership is fed up of participation ribbons.  The mandate is to build an elite contender that can challenge for the Cup for multiple years.

Erikss0nEk is unavailable - he’s a key building block and someone they see as essential in their pursuit of a Cup.  

My Erikss0nEk jab was tongue in cheek.  :-p