The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Summertime Additions (proposals)

Well, one of the things we are lacking is size...........

I propose the following deals to change it up a little

#1............Pearson for Jordan Greenway...............................................we lose scoring, add muscle.......................both somewhat up and down

#2............Boeser + for  Colton Parayko.................................................the plus may be a 2024 -1st (3 drafts from now)

#3............Dickenson, Rathbone and MDP  for Adam Lowry..................we give up a promising rookie, for size, and a defensive forward 

I think this allows for a much better physical response to all the BS that is being done to our stars........pretty hard going into tough area's when there is no physical deterrent. I also think this allows gives us much better strenth down the middle and may send a message to our players, that we care.

Miller                 Pettersson                 Hoglander

Garland               Horvat                      Podkolzin

Greenway            Lowry                      Chaisson

Motte                 Lammikko                  Lockwood

Hughes                 Parayko

OEL                      Harmonic

Burroughs             Myers

Demko

Halak

Highmore / Schenn / Sutter

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

#1............Pearson for Jordan Greenway...............................................we lose scoring, add muscle.......................both somewhat up and down

#2............Boeser + for  Colton Parayko.................................................the plus may be a 2024 -1st (3 drafts from now)

#3............Dickenson, Rathbone and MDP  for Adam Lowry..................we give up a promising rookie, for size, and a defensive forward 

I think this allows for a much better physical response to all the BS that is being done to our stars........pretty hard going into tough area's when there is no physical deterrent. I also think this allows gives us much better strenth down the middle and may send a message to our players, that we care.

Demko

Halak

Hi Jan. I love the targets, but I don't think any of those trades would be accepted by the other teams.

MIN has virtually no cap room next season, so cannot afford to take on Pearson's contract even if they wanted to (which, trust me, they don't).

Parayko is too critical to STL, he is the rock their D corps is built on. They may be interested in acquiring Boeser +, but they would be looking to trade a forward to get him. Like maybe Tarasenko or Buchnevich.

WPG are pretty set at LD and Goalie, and Lowry is one of their few forwards signed long term, so I think they value him highly. 

• Cheers 1

1 Minni needs to shed cap for next year. Greenway is RFA they won't be able to afford him. They can't afford Pearson. Maybe Rathbone and a 3rd gets it done? 

2 I think Parayko just signed didn't he and wears an "A" would be like being offered Domi and a 1st 3 years from now for Quinn. 

3 I'd be really surprised if Lowry became available especially for spare parts 3.25m for him on term is pretty good. I think we would have to knock their socks off. 

All great players and good targets I don't think we can afford the price on the latter 2 Greenway is interesting maybe work a deal involving taking Zuccarello too they would both come cheep relative to value if we helped fix their cap for them.  Somehow they need to ice a team with nearly 13m cap penalty. We would have to deal likely both Miller and Boeser elsewhere for picks whiiiich is probably what we should be doing. Zucc is old but still producing and he comes off the cap in time for Petes re up. 

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Demko

Halak

My favourite proposal in awhile “Janisa Hockey Nut” ;)

I think we’ll have to add a pick with Pearson to get Greenway. He has upside to get as many points or more as Pearson. On top of his hulking frame.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

1 Minni needs to shed cap for next year. Greenway is RFA they won't be able to afford him. They can't afford Pearson. Maybe Rathbone and a 3rd gets it done? 

2 I think Parayko just signed didn't he and wears an "A" would be like being offered Domi and a 1st 3 years from now for Quinn. 

3 I'd be really surprised if Lowry became available especially for spare parts 3.25m for him on term is pretty good. I think we would have to knock their socks off. 

All great players and good targets I don't think we can afford the price on the latter 2 Greenway is interesting maybe work a deal involving taking Zuccarello too they would both come cheep relative to value if we helped fix their cap for them.  Somehow they need to ice a team with nearly 13m cap penalty. We would have to deal likely both Miller and Boeser elsewhere for picks whiiiich is probably what we should be doing. Zucc is old but still producing and he comes off the cap in time for Petes re up. 

Don’t think the Wild are looking to move Zuccarello.  He is still producing and plays an important mentorship role for their young players and in particular Kaprizov who they have every intention to keep happy.  The two have unbelievable chemistry and have pretty much been tied to the hip.  

Just now, mll said:

Don’t think the Wild are looking to move Zuccarello.  He is still producing and plays an important mentorship role for their young players and in particular Kaprizov who they have every intention to keep happy.  The two have unbelievable chemistry and have pretty much been tied to the hip.  

I get that. So you trade Fiala+Greenway and let Goligoski walk? I don't know how else you clear 13m off the cap? Anyway I was just spitballin ideas. Zucc is 34 and producing you might be able to get something for him before his contract turns to $#!+ instead of selling low on Fiala. Thats my thought process. 

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I get that. So you trade Fiala+Greenway and let Goligoski walk? I don't know how else you clear 13m off the cap? Anyway I was just spitballin ideas. Zucc is 34 and producing you might be able to get something for him before his contract turns to $#!+ instead of selling low on Fiala. Thats my thought process. 

Russo says there's an understanding to bring Goligoski back on a reduced cap hit - in the 2M or so.  Cap wise instead of doing 2 years at circa 3.5M they are doing 5M + circa 2M when their buyouts rise to 13M.

Fiala will be 1 year to UFA and seeking a long term deal, like he did this summer, and they might not want to give him that deal.  Guerin explained that they want him to prove himself - says he can do things that few can but there are aspects of his game that he needs to clean up.  His future with the Wild is pretty much in question and with their cap crunch he might be the one they move.

Edited by mll