The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ex-Canuck Reid Boucher pleads guilty to sexual assault of minor

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I think @Timråfan makes a good point.

Now that we know Boucher's true character, it's possible/likely that he had a negative influence on teammates in Utica.

I'm not questioning that he's a scumbag, but I fail to see how repeatedly sexually assaulting a little girl 5 years earlier influences his ADULT teammates. He was a middling prospect at best, so do you think if he was having a negative impact on the other players, that they'd keep him around? They had quite a few older more established veteran leaders on that team, whose job it is to stop any of that potential crap from an individual player from infiltrating a locker room.  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

Do you have any proof that he manipulated any of his grown ADULT male coaches or fellow players - NO YOU DON'T! He's a sexual predator who preyed on a little girl. Most of those guys do that because they know they can prey on the weaker/more vulnerable.....and a large group of ADULT alpha males wouldn't let him do that and would likely deservedly beat his ass if he tried.

He might have been a top point producer, but he was never ever considered one of their top prospects. And anything on the ice has NOTHING to do with repeatedly sexually assaulting a little girl anyways?

Try and keep up.

Adult alpha males, it’s just kids that haven’t grown up yet. They just happen to be really good at sport.

Reid was an adult that couldn’t play at NHL level. That can lead to him being jealous and so on.

Sexual predators love the power they have over the weaker. It’s not all about sex.

I’ve worked with sociopaths/psychopaths and they talk $&!# about bosses, womens and ”strong” leaders that have different ideas.

The manipulation they do does damage because not everybody see the manipulation.

31 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Adult alpha males, it’s just kids that haven’t grown up yet. They just happen to be really good at sport.

Reid was an adult that couldn’t play at NHL level. That can lead to him being jealous and so on.

Sexual predators love the power they have over the weaker. It’s not all about sex.

I’ve worked with sociopaths/psychopaths and they talk $&!# about bosses, womens and ”strong” leaders that have different ideas.

The manipulation they do does damage because not everybody see the manipulation.

What are you talking about kids that haven't grown up yet? You insinuated that the coaches and players were manipulated by Boucher. Since when are coaches just kids who haven't grown up yet. You're talking about men in their 30's, 40's so exactly how have they not grown up yet? The players are also grown men in their 20's and 30's, so just because they're good at hockey doesn't mean they haven't grown up yet. And in fact, many have to grow up even faster than normal people do.

I said that predators like him prey on the weaker and vulnerable, but you're making a lot of assumptions about his influence over other his peers and elders, but have no actual facts to back them up.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

What are you talking about kids that haven't grown up yet? You insinuated that the coaches and players were manipulated by Boucher. Since when are coaches just kids who haven't grown up yet. You're talking about men in their 30's, 40's so exactly how have they not grown up yet? The players are also grown men in their 20's and 30's, so just because they're good at hockey doesn't mean they haven't grown up yet. And in fact, many have to grow up even faster than normal people do.

I said that predators like him prey on the weaker and vulnerable, but you're making a lot of assumptions about his influence over other his peers and elders, but have no actual facts to back them up.

I thought our prospect pool was a bit younger than so… Do you think the older players or coaches babysits the guys around 20? 
Follow them to parties etc. 
Theses predators also learn how to manipulate people irrelevant of age. 
Not all are dumb. 

7 hours ago, Drop Em said:

I'm not questioning that he's a scumbag, but I fail to see how repeatedly sexually assaulting a little girl 5 years earlier influences his ADULT teammates. He was a middling prospect at best, so do you think if he was having a negative impact on the other players, that they'd keep him around? They had quite a few older more established veteran leaders on that team, whose job it is to stop any of that potential crap from an individual player from infiltrating a locker room.  

In the sense that since he's a scumbag, it's possible he was a bad influence on other players. A lot of things went wrong in Utica, as evidenced by the lack of player development, so I don't assume they always made wise choices in who they kept around. Just look at who the Blackhawks kept in their organization, albeit it's a different scenario.

Regardless, it's just a thought. No way to prove it one way or the other, so it's petty to argue over. At the end of the day, it feels gross knowing we had him in our organization.

21 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I thought our prospect pool was a bit younger than so… Do you think the older players or coaches babysits the guys around 20? 
Follow them to parties etc. 
Theses predators also learn how to manipulate people irrelevant of age. 
Not all are dumb. 

YOU were the one who said that the coaches could've been manipulated by Boucher, and I'm questioning how. The coaches don't babysit the players, but the older players definitely look out for them. By all accounts Wacey Hamilton, Carter Banks and Darren Archibald just to name a few were all excellent older leaders on that team, and as excellent leaders they wouldn't let a guy like Boucher negatively influence any younger players. 

Nobody said they were dumb, in fact it's often quite the opposite. But I think you're giving him an awful lot of credit saying that he probably manipulated men in their 20's, 30's and 40's like he did a 12 year old girl.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Master Mind said:

In the sense that since he's a scumbag, it's possible he was a bad influence on other players. A lot of things went wrong in Utica, as evidenced by the lack of player development, so I don't assume they always made wise choices in who they kept around. Just look at who the Blackhawks kept in their organization, albeit it's a different scenario.

Regardless, it's just a thought. No way to prove it one way or the other, so it's petty to argue over. At the end of the day, it feels gross knowing we had him in our organization.

It's possible, but there's no proof he negatively influenced anyone. In my opinion, the lack of player development had more to do with the lack of actual good prospects.....and not much has changed since they moved to Abbotsford.

• Cheers 1