The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ex-Canuck Reid Boucher pleads guilty to sexual assault of minor

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Yes, there's more about it here.

He was "removed" from the family but...why wasn't more done then????

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2022/01/14/reid-boucher-sex-assault-hockey-khl-nhl/9090500002

They were just following the lead of The Boys Scouts and Catholic church.

"move people around, it will all get better'.    :(

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

How does someone rape a 12-13 year old and not have a criminal record, let alone jail time?

That’s disgusting. What is with these weirdos. Leipsic, Virtanen, now Boucher. 

He needs to get some jail time. Throw him into gen pop and let them do their thing

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

[quote] The article from the Detroit Free Press states USA Hockey was contacted about the incident in 2011, but all it did was remove Boucher from the billet home and placed him elsewhere. [/quote]

Right from the playbook of the Catholic church. 

Edit: Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong with the quote tags?

Probably to do with you typing the end quote after pasting the rich text from the article. It's like if you paste a link from Twitter and have to convert it to plain text for it to embed.

But disgusting. Not just the headline but the details which make it so much worse.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, AV. said:

This team employed Leipsic, Virtanen, and Boucher all at once.

Oh, and they're interviewing Sean Burke..

Some cherry picking there, Leipsic was moved out very quickly and allegations to Jake were unknown until last season and Boucher was covered by US Hockey. 

As for Burke he has not had any further issues since his classes and sentencing. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Some cherry picking there, Leipsic was moved out very quickly and allegations to Jake were unknown until last season and Boucher was covered by US Hockey. 

As for Burke he has not had any further issues since his classes and sentencing. 

Re: Sean Burke

Part of the official 9-1-1 transcript when Burke's then wife called the cops on him for domestic abuse.

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

Re: Sean Burke

Part of the official 9-1-1 transcript when Burke's then wife called the cops on him for domestic abuse.

Not Burke’s biggest fan but that did happen in 1997 with no issues since iirc. Still a bad look on him though. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not Burke’s biggest fan but that did happen in 1997 with no issues since iirc. Still a bad look on him though. 

I believe working in the NHL in any big capacity (GM, player, Coach) is a huge privilege and people who beat their spouses, at any point in their life, don't deserve this privilege.

This wasn't an isolated incident. He did beat her multiple times. And worst of all, Burke was playing for Rutherford (Rutherford was GM of the Hurricanes, at the time) when this incident went down and the team chose not to suspend him during the incident.

Sure, he plead guilty and did the classes. Still doesn't dismiss the fact that people have lost more opportunity for doing less.

It's all detailed in this article:  https://apnews.com/article/28d32fc5586566aaf258994a840e410c

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I believe working in the NHL in any big capacity (GM, player, Coach) is a huge privilege and people who beat their spouses, at any point in their life, don't deserve this privilege.

This wasn't an isolated incident. He did beat her multiple times. And worst of all, Burke was playing for Rutherford (Rutherford was GM of the Hurricanes, at the time) when this incident went down and the team chose not to suspend him during the incident.

Sure, he plead guilty and did the classes. Still doesn't dismiss the fact that people have lost more opportunity for doing less.

It's all detailed in this article:  https://apnews.com/article/28d32fc5586566aaf258994a840e410c

I'm with you there.  That's not making a mistake, there is simply no excuse for what he did.  He should have a chance to rebuild his life but it shouldn't be in the NHL and I sure as hell won't be happy if he's hired.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I saw on Donnie and Dhali clip yesterday the canucks really liked Sean Burke :O sigh

Yeah, that might result in me picking a new team to be honest.  I know JR wants diversity, but Burke does not satisfy the requirement despite not being a real man.

Edited by King Heffy