The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He got over paid by about 1-1.5 million period because believe it or not on ice metrics matter too. 

you could literally be replaced by a calculator for all the insight you're able to contribute. 

Edited by tas

1 minute ago, tas said:

you could literally be replaced by a calculator for all the insight you're able to contribute. 

As opposed to just insulting someone who disagreed? And repeating the same novel while ignoring facts that hurt your narrative? Please. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

As opposed to just insulting someone who disagreed? And repeating the same novel while ignoring facts that hurt your narrative? Please. 

what facts am I ignoring? durr player a should only make this much because player b makes that much and on the spreadsheet player a is there but player b is here?

if player analysis was as simple as plotting data points every front office in the league would be replaced with an algorithm. 

15 minutes ago, tas said:

in what world is anything I said remotely "sjw"? none of it had anything do to with society or justice. 

you're missing the point by such a margin that it's jarring.

gudbranson is one of the most intelligent and respected players in the league. he is always heavily involved in the nhlpa. think trevor linden. in addition to that he adds the physically imposing layer of safety that every team needs, a policeman. 

what kind of grades do you think his teammates would give him at the end of every year? they don't care one iota about how many giveaways he had or what his possession numbers were. they care that he was there to lean on when they had that important life decision to make, or that he punched guys in the face when they were taking liberties. 

gudbranson's stats are secondary to his true value, and that's why he continues to get paid. he helps to enable a room full of guys to be their best. 

In a (flat) salary cap league, it’s really tough to justify paying a guy this much money because he can listen to the fellas talk about girl problems. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

what facts am I ignoring? durr player a should only make this much because player b makes that much and on the spreadsheet player a is there but player b is here?

if player analysis was as simple as plotting data points every front office in the league would be replaced with an algorithm. 

Did I say any of that? No. 

Gudbranson IS overpaid, is he worthless no, you should learn the difference before getting defensive to the point of insulting those who disagree with you. 

5 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Like said look at some signings of late and how much Myers plays a game.He is worth his pay.Maybe at first he was over paid but by math,now he makes what he is worth and worth every penny.

If Gudbranson is worth 4 Myers is worth 8.5+ 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

In a (flat) salary cap league, it’s really tough to justify paying a guy this much money because he can listen to the fellas talk about girl problems. 

he holds his own just fine on the ice too, and it's obviously not that hard to justify since a well-respected management team just justified it. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Did I say any of that? No. 

Gudbranson IS overpaid, is he worthless no, you should learn the difference before getting defensive to the point of insulting those who disagree with you. 

overpayment is in the eye of the person forking over the cash, not the eye of the wannabe pundits on the outside looking in. 

6 minutes ago, tas said:

As for facts you’re ignoring most notably how mediocre his play is and the numbers that back it up save for a pretty good year in Ottawa. He’s just not a 4 year 4mil dman. Period. 

Just now, tas said:

overpayment is in the eye of the person forking over the cash, not the eye of the wannabe pundits on the outside looking in. 

Lol why have a discussion board then. Sorry but it is very debatable whether he is worth his contract. Paid professional or not. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s just not a 4 year 4mil dman. Period. 

Screenshot_20220802-203547_Chrome.thumb.jpg.acf360c07b0324b3ca16820be01e272b.jpg

period.

you should present your theory to jarmo and jd. it would be very amusing to hear them laugh at you derisively. 

2 minutes ago, tas said:

Screenshot_20220802-203547_Chrome.thumb.jpg.acf360c07b0324b3ca16820be01e272b.jpg

period.

you should present your theory to jarmo and jd. it would be very amusing to hear them laugh at you derisively. 

They signed him to that deal so they could get Gaudreau. He’s a 3rd pairing defencemen, anything more and it’s Canucks Gudbranson all over again 

Just now, Devron said:

They signed him to that deal so they could get Gaudreau. He’s a 3rd pairing defencemen, anything more and it’s Canucks Gudbranson all over again 

a) other than worthless fan specualtion has anybody with a clue even vaguely alluded to this?

b) hmm, why would it be so important to gaudreau to bring him in? could it be all the reasons I've been stating?

5 minutes ago, tas said:

period.

Benning signed Loui Player Name 2 6x6 was that an overpayment? I’ll spare you the embarrassment, yes it was. 

Just now, tas said:

a) other than worthless fan specualtion has anybody with a clue even vaguely alluded to this?

b) hmm, why would it be so important to gaudreau to bring him in? could it be all the reasons I've been stating?

Watch the video that’s online. Literally just because they are buddies 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Benning signed Loui Player Name 2 6x6 was that an overpayment? I’ll spare you the embarrassment, yes it was. 

no, it wasn't at all an overpayment, it was a brutal underperformance. loui earned that deal fair and square. 

• Haha 1

Just now, tas said:

Baseless speculation like the reasons you stated Gudbranson is worth every penny? Remember that when we light him up for a dash 4 next year one for each million.

But you know he listens to the guys feelings after the game so totally worth it.