The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, therodigy said:

I was there! Leafs fans were salty tonight! 

"There should've been a penalty after the Michigan..."

"That Dermott penalty was weak..."

Man... I don't know if the Canucks will make the playoffs, but they're certainly making things interesting. I have to say though, the Leafs really exposed our D tonight. Matthews, Marner, and Robertson were all over the ice, and Tavares was sneaky with his tips. Could've easily had a hat trick if not for Demko's inhuman play. I have a feeling he's going to be leaned exclusively, depending on the standings leading up to the TDL and beyond. 

Also, I nearly peed myself when Boeser set up Matthews 1st goal... maybe that's why he got the 1st star?

Go Canucks Go!

Agreed our D had a rough one but despite too many odd man rushes i thought our lack of speed showed the most.   We got pinned in our end a lot and just couldn't seem to win foot races to loose pucks to get us out of our end. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Jayinblack said:

Agreed our D had a rough one but despite too many odd man rushes i thought our lack of speed showed the most.   We got pinned in our end a lot and just couldn't seem to win foot races to loose pucks to get us out of our end. 

your d has a couple obviously out matched young guys.  Littlegren and Sandreem are terrible.  They should be in the AHL where they can learn to play properly.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hey, when things are going good, Miller is great and shows certain leadership attributes. But do folks forget just how sulky and immature his act was when things were BAD? Bo is a rock no matter what. Folks are so damn fickle. Here we are perhaps about to make a Cinderella run to the playoffs but folks on the radio are talking about how J.T. should be captain over Bo. Only in Vancouver. Bruce’s lack of tact in his interviews only fuels it.

I can see how you would consider it sulky and immature. I look at it a little different, rather disappointed and angry. Bo is a great hockey player, but imo he lacks the emotion needed to generate energy in his teammates. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo traded and Millerthe Captain next year. The guy is a leader.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, viking mama said:

He was hospitalized - yes.

Brick kept away during his Cancer battle to keep dad safe from Covid, etc. 

But, he has Parkinson’s disease, correct? May be wanting to spend some more quality time & years with him, while he can and his mom & family members might require support, too. It’s a tough situation. Like I said, I could not fault his choices or see any disloyalties,  either way - in this. 

My dad had Parkinson’s. I get it. I’m saying the trade rumours go back before that 

• Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, KFan said:

It seems he can be that in the playoffs, but he's nowhere right now when we need him to get there.  

The refereeing standards also inevitably change at play-off time, as we all know.  

Just saying that Bo will be one of those who can/will survive, adjust & thrive at that time.

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

It’s a nice sentiment, but it could be that J.T. wants to live and play in the U.S. 

Not sure about that. His agent has always towed the same line as JT about him being focused on making this team better and today he came out and said JT is wants to be here and is approaching the summer with the intent of getting an extension.

Love Horvat and agree he's a playoff guy but JT is as well while being the driving force every night it seems.

I hope we keep both but if it's 1 or the other it's gotta be JT, he's earned every bit of praise he's getting.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sure buddy, how 'bout I stand dignified, like the Statue of Lib?!

Uh...Roy, you loser, if you want to talk about antics, how about your antics in Montreal when you didn't like not getting pulled when you **** the bed???  A temper tantrum that would make the worst-behaved 1-12 year old devil child blush for sure!

This story entitles you to an award.  What award?  Being one of the top 10 **holes all time in NHL history.  You think someone of your "legendary" quote unquote 'talent' would recognize talent when you see it.  Self-entitled prick jerk!!!

Anyway, no need to let Roy ruin my night.  Tremendous performance tonight and we're continuing to roll onto the playoffs, baby!

Edited by CanucksFan8353
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, CanucksFan8353 said:

Uh...Roy, you loser, if you want to talk about antics, how about your antics in Montreal when you didn't like not getting pulled when you **** the bed???

This story entitles you to an award.  What award?  Being one of the top 10 **holes all time in NHL history.  You think someone of your "legendary" quote unquote 'talent' would recognize talent when you see it.  Self-entitled prick jerk!!!

Anyway, no need to let Roy ruin my night.  Tremendous performance tonight and we're continuing to roll onto the playoffs, baby!

Honestly that coach was a &^@#ing tool. I applaud Roy for that decision. Was &^@#ing hilarious.