The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-2023 Season Ticket Thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

The bigger issue is fighting through the throngs in the concourse to make it to the washrooms and back again.  I can rarely make it there and back in the time of an intermission (unless it is a half attended game or something).  I have to choose between beer & my bladder.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

The bigger issue is fighting through the throngs in the concourse to make it to the washrooms and back again.  I can rarely make it there and back in the time of an intermission (unless it is a half attended game or something).  I have to choose between beer & my bladder.  

Ain't that the truth :rolleyes: but it shouldn't be that way

• Cheers 2

19 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Not that I plan to go to as many games going forward but the secret to having a lot of beer at the game is to get them (and use the can) during TV timeouts.....

1 hour ago, ronthecivil said:

Not that I plan to go to as many games going forward but the secret to having a lot of beer at the game is to get them (and use the can) during TV timeouts.....

14 , 10 and 7 min mark of each period is the tv timeouts

On 5/8/2022 at 2:09 PM, SerenityNow said:

I'll drink to that!   

(BTW, Jim Rutherford said that our old stadium needs major upgrading in the millions and hope it happens, as the concourse on both levels is claustrophobic and was built for mice not people and there is a serious lack of facilities - as you mentioned.  I realize they had to fit that stadium on a postage stamp sized lot between the viaducts when they built it, but wow did they ever compromise the building in doing so.  There are so many nicer buildings in the league than our old building.   If they don't renovate it in the next couple of years, I suspect they'll tear it down in the next 7-8 years as it's outdated)  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I'll drink to that!   

(BTW, Jim Rutherford said that our old stadium needs major upgrading in the millions and hope it happens, as the concourse on both levels is claustrophobic and was built for mice not people and there is a serious lack of facilities - as you mentioned.  I realize they had to fit that stadium on a postage stamp sized lot between the viaducts when they built it, but wow did they ever compromise the building in doing so.  There are so many nicer buildings in the league than our old building.   If they don't renovate it in the next couple of years, I suspect they'll tear it down in the next 7-8 years as it's outdated)  

Yeah.  I make these points on the survey that comes out every year.  I acknowledge the physical constraints they have, and I have no clue how to overcome them, but surely there are smarter people than me available to come up with a solution. 

When Jim Rutherford was talking about major upgrades being needed, I heard specific mention of player facilities.  I didn't hear anything about upgrading the concourse but I hope he is also planning upgrades there too.  

A thought just occurred to me as I read your phrase "between the viaducts"... With the city wanting to remove the viaducts, maybe the arena will be torn down when that happens.  It'll be easier to completely redesign it at that time.  Whenever that might be.  

6 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I'll drink to that!   

Well it has been peicemeal upgraded. The new bar and huge bathroom at 300 certainly helps.

I don't want to pay for that either. It's a no brainer that if it's easier to buy 20 dollar beers, 8 dollar pops, and 6 dollar fries that if it's easier to buy, you going to sell more of it, and that's basically free money once you can. So no reason that Aquaman can't handle that cap ex.

But either way I have to talk to my buddies but I want to at last drop to half seasons because the costs have gotten beyond the point of stupid to the point that I feel that I am being taken advantage of. I am a generous person by nature but the minute someone takes advantage of that they get ghosted, immediately, and forever. The Canucks are on the line.

2 hours ago, ronthecivil said:

Well it has been peicemeal upgraded. The new bar and huge bathroom at 300 certainly helps.

I don't want to pay for that either. It's a no brainer that if it's easier to buy 20 dollar beers, 8 dollar pops, and 6 dollar fries that if it's easier to buy, you going to sell more of it, and that's basically free money once you can. So no reason that Aquaman can't handle that cap ex.

But either way I have to talk to my buddies but I want to at last drop to half seasons because the costs have gotten beyond the point of stupid to the point that I feel that I am being taken advantage of. I am a generous person by nature but the minute someone takes advantage of that they get ghosted, immediately, and forever. The Canucks are on the line.

The new bar near Sec 329 is nice (if you drink &  can afford $10 draft) and so are the new bathrooms just down the stairs from there - if your seats are in that end of the building but for the rest of the building there is still a shortage of bathrooms and cooridors that are beyond way too small,  same goes for the concession areas where line-ups form and block everything in the vacinity.    Lets face it, the building was certainly an upgrade from the coliseum but was compromised right from the get-go due to lack of sq. footage to properly build the facility.   That's why I think this building will eventually be demolished and moved because whether it's in 8 years or 20, when the building does finally get replaced, it will need to be with a larger footprint - unless the viaducts are finally torn down! 

As for ticket prices, yes they have gotten ridiculous and are among the very highest in the league - and for what ?    A team that misses the playoffs every year with the same false promises by the owner and management every single year.   These annual increases have been going on every year for years and it's to the point where going to game with the family costs in excess of $500 for crappy upper bowl/end zone seats  (without food or other spending)   That is ridiculous!   

The other problem is that the team has been so bad this past decade that demand for tickets has almost dried up completely.   I never had so much trouble selling extras pairs of tickets.  I can't even give them away for many games!    That's how much this team has sunk into the hole after Aqua-lini ran this team into the ground and why he should sell this franchise.

After this years fiasco of a finish - missing the playoffs again (for the umpteenth time) and after all the player changes last year and the season before, that was the last straw and I finally gave up my season tickets in disgust after over 20 years.  Enough is enough!  

5 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

A new arena would be nice …. Where the hell would aquaman put it 

By the time a new area is required and built, I predict Aqua-Lini will no longer be the owner of this franchise. As for location, it might end up being in the same general location around false creek, there is and will be more available spots arounf there once the Viaducts are demolished which is suppossed to happen. It will likely involve a land swap or if for some reason they're stuck on staying at the same spot, then thay might temorarily move out to the Coliseum while the old building is torn down & new rink gets built.  The other option if Aqua-Lini still owns the franchise by then, is that he does a cheap Reno on the place to save money.  No matter, unless a major reno happens very soon, that building will have it's days numbered in the next 8-9 years.

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

By the time a new area is required and built, I predict Aqua-Lini will no longer be the owner of this franchise. As for location, it might end up being in the same general location around false creek, there is and will be more available spots arounf there once the Viaducts are demolished which is suppossed to happen. It will likely involve a land swap or if for some reason they're stuck on staying at the same spot, then thay might temorarily move out to the Coliseum while the old building is torn down & new rink gets built.  The other option if Aqua-Lini still owns the franchise by then, is that he does a cheap Reno on the place to save money.  No matter, unless a major reno happens very soon, that building will have it's days numbered in the next 8-9 years.

I doubt it will be demolished… he has 2 new towers and a 3rd tower is in the works …..

3 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I doubt it will be demolished… he has 2 new towers and a 3rd tower is in the works …..

That was one of the likely scenarios I mentioned and a distinct possibility but whether they tear it down in the future or reno it, it may require a temporary move out of the building for major works to be undertaken unless Aqua-lini does a "Quick & Done" paint job like "SOME OWNERS" do to their Leaky Condos around the city.

It will interesting to see if they eventually fix that 27 y.o. mouse-trap of a building up properly, tear it down or just hang new paintings on the wall and let it continue to deteriorate into the ground especially after JR publicly stated that the building looks tired and outdated and needs major $ injection.

32 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That was one of the likely scenarios I mentioned and a distinct possibility but whether they tear it down in the future or reno it, it may require a temporary move out of the building for major works to be undertaken unless Aqua-lini does a "Quick & Done" paint job like "SOME OWNERS" do to their Leaky Condos around the city.

It will interesting to see if they eventually fix that 27 y.o. mouse-trap of a building up properly, tear it down or just hang new paintings on the wall and let it continue to deteriorate into the ground especially after JR publicly stated that the building looks tired and outdated and needs major $ injection.

Finally someone who has balls to call out the owner….

I know it was in the talks pre covid that the building would get new seats , this would be nice as the maroon ones are uncomfortable 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

Finally someone who has balls to call out the owner….

I know it was in the talks pre covid that the building would get new seats , this would be nice as the maroon ones are uncomfortable 

Try sitting next to people that are over 6 feet and 200 pounds. I think budget airline seats are roomier (well on a width perspective).

I have actually said if they had a big and tall section with 20% less seats I would pay extra. Now before you say "club seats" I don't want those. Not because of the size and the beer cozies. That would be great. Just put it in the upper bowl, where you can actually see what it is happening.

Oh wait, they are already jacking the prices up even with a flat cap. Never mind.

Just think, if I switched to a 36 hour week and gave up my tickets, I would actually have more money, and every Friday off! I should talk to my boss about the first one!

11 hours ago, ronthecivil said:

Try sitting next to people that are over 6 feet and 200 pounds. I think budget airline seats are roomier (well on a width perspective).

I have actually said if they had a big and tall section with 20% less seats I would pay extra. Now before you say "club seats" I don't want those. Not because of the size and the beer cozies. That would be great. Just put it in the upper bowl, where you can actually see what it is happening.

Oh wait, they are already jacking the prices up even with a flat cap. Never mind.

Just think, if I switched to a 36 hour week and gave up my tickets, I would actually have more money, and every Friday off! I should talk to my boss about the first one!

Well said and yes, those seats were designed for 1980/90's body sizes.  People are generally much bigger nowadays.  Twice in the past 20+ years that I owned ST's,I had " neighbors" in the seats besides me who were quite large and their bodies lurched across the armrest into my seat area.  It was very uncomfortable for me and I never said anything to the guys - as they were as entitled to be those seats as I was in mine but I had to endure that for several games and was not overly happy as I had to lean way over just to fit in my seat.   It was not what you'd expect when paying thousnads of dollars for ST's.   Hopefully they replace those outdated "Spirit Airlines" type seats in the new or renovated building with normal sized seats to replace the old skinny ones made for sardines and kids.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo correction
  • Like 1