The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pearson and Dickson Being Shopped

On 6/13/2022 at 9:43 AM, mll said:

Seravalli has Dickinson 5th on his top-10 buyout candidates.  The buyout window opens on 1 July and closes on the 12th of July.  Dickinson is not eligible for a possible 2nd window - only contracts of more than 4M are.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/edmonton-oilers-zack-kassian-among-10-buyout-candidates-ahead-of-nhl-buyout-window/

5. Jason Dickinson
Left Wing, Vancouver Canucks
Contract: 2 more seasons, $2.65 million AAV
Buyout Cap Charges: $942k (2022-23), $391k (2023-24), $992k (2024-25), $992k (2025-26)
Scoop: How many times have we heard Canucks president Jim Rutherford talk about cap flexibility? One way to do that and create a little more space would be to move on from Dickinson, who netted just 11 points last season over 62 games. Yes, the dead cap space isn’t ideal, but the Canucks probably aren’t in a position to give up a lot of assets – and that way he’d only count for roughly one minimum salary roster spot, instead of the three or four he’s being paid now.

I wonder if Buffalo would be interested in taking Dickinson. They're only at a ~$52M hit after the Bishop deal with a 15 man roster. Not saying they need to, they could just top up with UFA's but I can't imagine Buffalo being a lot of players top choice unless they grossly overpay a bunch of guys. Even if we just take back a 7th or swap late round picks. Dickinson can still be a useful player for someone.

6 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

I wonder if Buffalo would be interested in taking Dickinson. They're only at a ~$52M hit after the Bishop deal with a 15 man roster. Not saying they need to, they could just top up with UFA's but I can't imagine Buffalo being a lot of players top choice unless they grossly overpay a bunch of guys. Even if we just take back a 7th or swap late round picks. Dickinson can still be a useful player for someone.

If we can’t trade all of Dickinson then he will be on our club next year.