The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pearson and Dickson Being Shopped

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

No way.

We've done the Swedish thing. I want big bruising Western Canadian boys.

I want 2012 Shea Weber.

Wouldn’t mind a big bruising Swede either.  Really don’t care where the bruiser comes from.  Another  Ohlund would be fantastic!  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wouldn’t mind a big bruising Swede either.  Really don’t care where the bruiser comes from.  Another  Ohlund would be fantastic!  

No it really doesn't matter I just have a soft spot for small town Canadian heavy weights.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Pearson to Pittsburgh for (RFA) Krapanen?  

Dickinson is guy I see as a lot more difficult to move out.  

Dickie and Poolman to AZ, with Hoglander as the sweetener? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

Dickie and Poolman to AZ, with Hoglander as the sweetener? 

Drance, this morning on 650, was saying the new management really likes Pool (headache) Man.  So I’m guessing they are keeping him.  

They don’t care much for Hogs though, so he could definitely be on the move as sweetener.  I can see Hogs added to Myers to do a full dumperoo. 

Pearson is a good player. Was probably one of the most consistent, hard working fwds when Boudreau took over. One of the few players that wins battles everywhere on the ice. I guess if there was a time to sell high, it would be now.

Dickinson could probably use a change of scenery.  If not, I bet he will come back super motivated. Probably wont ever have much of an offensive upside but u never know. He was getting a fair amount of scoring chances-just cant finish.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Pearson would be fairly low priority for me in the hunt for cap space. He is decent for the money, goes to the net, plays up and down lineup. 
Hard to see what you are replacing with that is better, no emerging prospects coming for his spot.

Dickenson, one of the $13M second pairing, Poolman would all be higher up on my list. 

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

No way.

We've done the Swedish thing. I want big bruising Western Canadian boys.

I want 2012 Shea Weber.

Give me the 1979-80 Borje Salming.  He was able to withstand the era of teams like the Broad Street Bullies.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, BureBurrito said:

Dickinson for a 5th

Pearson for a bottom pair defensemen

I'd be impressed if Dickinson can be offloaded for future considerations, much less us getting a pick back.

Pearson can get us a little bit more.

I would not put a lot of stock in this story. As others have said Pearson is decent value for his cap hit. Dickinson would have no trade value at his current cap hit and it would not be worth giving up an asset to offload him.

Also, the underlying numbers suggest that he was better than his scoring indicates last season. There is a decent chance he has a bounce-back season next year. He still is unlikely to be worth his cap hit, but he can be a useful bottom-6 forward in a shutdown role.

If the Canucks did get an offer of a positive asset for Dickinson, I am sure they would be happy to take it.  I just don't see it happening..  

Edited by JamesB